sad day for the ferts

gav

sad day today last week a friends dog killed one of my jills , so that left 1 jill to feed 12 kits so i started weaning them . went out there today and she is as skinny as **** and had killed 6 kits and had 1 in her mouth biting hard on its head , when i went in to rescue the remaining kits she went mad making noises and lunging at me ( ive always handled the kits from day 1 , this is her 3 rd litter ). so to save the kits i decided to shoot her not an easy decision to make but , i felt neccessary as there was obviously something wrong with her ! , a friend is now rearing the surviving kits , as he was due to have some of this litter .

any ideas why the jill turned on the kits ? she had lost loads of weight despite a varied good diet !

im upset about this as they where both good jills , easy to handle and work . will i every get some as good again ?

:lol::lol::lol::P:lol::lol:

I cant belive you killed her :lol:

do some reading up on the animals you keep, ie your ferts, get a understanding of their behaviour and why they do what they do, this will help in future problems so you can react in a more suitable way next time mate

good luck rearing the kitts

so to save the kits i decided to shoot her not an easy decision to make but , i felt neccessary as there was obviously something wrong with her ! , a friend is now rearing the surviving kits , as he was due to have some of this litter .

It is beyond me why if you were going to seperate the kits from their mother at that moment in time anyway why you felt the need to kill the jill? After all if your friend was hand rearing them then you still having the jill has no effect on them.

im upset about this as they where both good jills , easy to handle and work . will i every get some as good again ?

:lol: :blink: :good::D :blink: :good:

Hopefully not.

thanks for your coments . i forgot to say that the jill was dragging her back legs around as tho she was paralaysed ! ive never had a problem before with the kits and no i dont count them as money ! as some one suggested !

thanks for your coments . i forgot to say that the jill was dragging her back legs around as tho she was paralaysed ! ive never had a problem before with the kits and no i dont count them as money ! as some one suggested !

Why are you only adding the bit about her dragging her back legs now? Don't dig a deeper hole by adding stories. You were wrong to shoot the Jill.