Silver pigeon barrels

sean johnston

Well i sent my beretta silver pigeon barrels back to gmk last week as the blacking was really poor,i only purchased the gun new last september.I telephoned gmk today to be told that they agreed the blacking was poor and the gun has been stripped ready to be re-blacked.I was told the chap who is doing the blacking is very good at his job and the barrels will come back a lot better than the factory finish also the jeweling will be better.So fingers crossed it should be back with me in about 2 weeks.Anyone else experienced problems with blacking etc?

Regards sean. :crazy:

This'll make you green :crazy:   I brought a new Silver Pigeon today for £385-00 :X   The gunshop had got it for a client as a special order (the dealer didn't normally deal with Beretta and couldn't return it), only to find the guy didn't want it!  It's got a left handed cast (suits me 'cos I'm a left hooker).  

To cut a long story short, he'd tried to sell it through his shop for a several weeks and just, and I quote, 'Wanna get shot of the bl**dy thing'.

I even managed to get him to throw in a box of cartridges :D  :D   First time I've ever been encouraged by wifey to buy a gun :D  :D

Sometimes it pays to take wifey shopping to show how concientious I can be in trying to limit my spending :love:  :evil:

Sean,i've also heard that whoever does the reblacking in this country for GMK is very good and the barrels look better than new when finished.I think i said before that when i ordered mine the first one came with wht looked like damaged blacking (duff batch??)that was sent back and the rep picked one out of there stock for me as a replacement as i had been waiting a while.No problems with the blacking and a lovely bit of wood :crazy: .Hope yours is sorted soon mate :D

• 3 weeks later...