WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST AIRGUN

jamie1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anschultz 333 , got it in 1983. Think it cost me £30. Lovely little gun, but the action had a nasty habit of separating from the stock, spent 10 years held together with a jubilee clip. Went into the gunsmiths to get it fixed this year. He offered me £ 90 for it. Still got it now and it still kills the occasional gray tree rat.

First gun I ever owned was a Daisy Powerline Pump-up Airgun, which I swapped an old telephone generator for, at school. :blink: I new little about rifles then and it was used for nothing more than hitting the odd match box or pellet tin lid. It didn't stay in my ownership long as it got swapped for something else, can't remember what.

Next rifle was a BSA Meteor Mk2 which I have recently brought back to life. Surprisingly accurate little rifle and is still good for the odd rabbit.

.22 BSA Meteor in 1970. Cost £12 10/- 6d. ( £12.52½p to you youngsters who can't remember real money) :blink:

By 1974 my Mk4 Meteor cost £14 was I ripped off or was it just inflation?

10 out of 10 for being bombproof but on the grand scale of things probably a 5 out of 10 for being too basic & underpowered though even today putting out 8.3 ft/lb

A Diana .177, can't recall the model as I was about 12 at the time and thats 48 years ago :yes:

I can remember getting into all sorts of hot water with it though and I think I am solely responsible for the decline of the House Sparrow population :blink:

Makes me cringe at the thought but times were different then.

I also remember snapping the front sight off and using a match-stick instead :hmm: for ages before I got bored with it after I started using my grandads shottie.

Marks out of 10? I'd have to say 9 from the amount of fun it gave me!

GH