look round the farm today rape allmost ready to spray off

Harnser

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But did you see the woeful condition of the crop of wheat that the 61' header was working through? I'd love to know the yields Aussie cereal farms achieve.

That would be an impressive sight :oops:

But they cant have anywhere near the yields we have in the uk, you could never use a header like that here. :lol:

I have never had the oppotunity to use one of the articulated, wheeled tractors.

The only articulated tractor I have used is the quad track and that seems to work well.

A contractor up near Braintree runs a Versatile and a Steiger, both about 350hp. He likes them because they are cheap horsepower.

That would be an impressive sight :oops:

But they cant have anywhere near the yields we have in the uk, you could never use a header like that here. :lol:

Have a look: http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/2009/05/23/1...-the-world.html

A contractor up near Braintree runs a Versatile and a Steiger, both about 350hp. He likes them because they are cheap horsepower.

The Versatile and Steiger are both ment to be great to use. One of the guys who used to work on my farm had used a Steiger before and always said good things about it.

The Versatile and Steiger are both ment to be great to use. One of the guys who used to work on my farm had used a Steiger before and always said good things about it.

That is quite an impressive machine, but there is nothing for it to harvest, you cant hardly see any crop there.

It would never work on any crops in the uk, unless it is hardly moving.

I am not sure what the biggest header is in the uk, but I have seen a 36ft one on a John Deere.

I have found that the tracked tractors are better for doing ground work like cultivations, drilling and ploughing.

I used to use and 8400 John Deere for my of the jobs but as soon as we saw a Quad track in action we had to have one and have not looked back since.

when I am not in the combine I am normally either in one of our John Deere 6930's carting grain or something like that or in the Quad Track.

Went and had a look around today and hoped i would see the rape sprayed off . Spoke to my farmer friend and he said they were going to spray today but have decided to leave it untill monday . He did say that weather permitting he will be harvesting barley first thing next week . So ,should be stubble shooting next week . Dont you just love it ? . Isnt it funny ,all the years i have been doing this and i still get excited shooting the first field of stubble

Harnser .

Edited by Harnser

A heron might starve in the winter.....already harvesting the barley south of the boarder, makes the spine tingle in anticipation.

Wont be far behind whitebridges . Us Norfolk boys can give them tractor boys a head start and still shoot more than them ,thats for sure .

Harnser .