Fox Cub stole my bunnie!

BigGun1

I am lucky enough to have been asked to keep the number of bunnies down on a local golf course. Although I have an open ticket and a hush power .410 I thought it would be best to take my Webley Raider on my first visit, just for a bit of a look arround and bag one or two if the shots appear.

By half seven all the golfers had toddled off and I started off at the 9th hole working my way back to the club house. There were loads of bunnies about but nothing within easy air rifle range until I got to the 7th hole. As I sneaked across to the low hedge between 7th and 6th, just on the other side perhaps 25 feet away sat a good sized buck. I took aim and dropped him, first shot. As I sat there waiting, just incase another wabbit hopped over to see what had happened to him, I could not beleve my eyes. A young'ish cub bounced over and grabbed the rabbit I had just bowled over and started throwing it arround, I'm sure he had clocked me but couldn't give a sod! Not having any thing other than an air rifle there was nothing I could do but sit there and watch, I got some footage of the cub on my mobile but he tore off with his ill'gotten'gains when I stood up to move on.

Whilst I know foxes are a pain, at the end of the day he was out doing the same as me, trying to get a bunnie or two and I know the damage they can do...but it was great to watch! The only time I have ever been that close to a fox he had just been dispatched, an unusual situation but it nice all the same.