Best tiny diesel 4x4?

cubix

My landrover won't fit in between my trees.

I want an old, small 4x4, diesel, and which I can strip and weld into something useful for pulling logs etc. It will never be on a public road so will be SORN'd, tax/ins not an issue.

Any suggestions?

Quads have had a hard life and for what I need are still pricey, tractors and dumpers esp. can be a ****** to fix and cost spondoolicks to get a half decent one.

I'd thought of a fiat panda 4x4, and cutting it down to the bone. Ideally though something with a chassis. I want to spend 50 quid on it! and not worry about it getting nicked. I'll take anything on, really.

Have you thought about a Suzuki SJ? Seriously tiny and very underrated IMHO :blink:

Mind you, I dont know if you will get one for £50 :lol:

ZB

My mates got one, its the mutts nutts :hmm: but he does get the **** taken because its white and pink and convertible :yes:

Prehaps a second hand kawasaki mule or something like that, theres not much diesel powerd stuff for £50

Daihatsu f50, google it to see what they look like, more narrow than the fourtrak, very very capable 4x4, i had lots of em years ago, body rots unbelievably but excellent mechanics.

Don't know how much money they make these days, may be even collectors?

don,t think you,ll get anything in your price range.with the price of scrap still being pretty good most people will way anything in.you,ll be lucky to pick up a lada,most were taken of the road a few years ago because they could not pass the ministrys emissions test for the m.o.t.russian sailors of cargo vessals were buying ladas in any condition and takeing them back to russia to sell for parts.even clapped out tractors are fetching good money.

• 4 weeks later...
Have you thought about a tank :welcomeani:

Cheap-ish , diesel, and whatever is in the way you just run it over :unsure:

You can buy an amoured personel carrier for 5G :hmm:

I suppose if you were thinking in that way the Hagglund is pretty well the ultimate forestry and pretty well anywhere else thats slippery vehicle

http://preview.tinyurl.com/l6jq7a

Derek