barel advice

jamie1

hi i have got my airgun finally now, i have used it with my dad and we have noticed that all of the airgun is straight but when it comes to the barrel it drifts of to the left so when you shoot the ammo/pellet drifts of to the left aswell about 1 - 3inch so you have to shoot at pest's like 1 - 3 inches to the right to hit it, i have un done this srew but the barrel dont appear to move much so i tightened it back up now i dont no which part i have to undo to losen the barrel to put it right - so i just looking for abit of advice to help me fix my dad's airgun - thanks :)

Edited by jamie1

what gun did you get after all of the advice you got from here
to be honest i dont no what it is myself it was free given to my dad of one of my dad's good mates he gave it us for free as he dont tend to be a gunner anymore so he gave up i think it's smk b2 or b3 not to sure but starter gun lol definetly need a new one i might save up for months then get a bsa lightening xl take long time to get money though but worth it :) any advice how to move the barrel?

take it to a gun shop let them look at it

no point mate me and my dad stood about 10 yards from a lucazade bottle (plastic) and shot it like 7 times and it didnt even hardly brake the paper around it (rubbish airgun) im gonna save for a bsa lightenning how much are they around? £200?

If your dad is mechanically minded he could just replace the oxspring (you will need to build a compress *this is easy*) to try and up the power abit (within the legal limits ofcourse) or you could take it to an rfd for a tune upto legal limit or you can buy a cheap air rifle for 50.00 but if you are going to insist on using it for hunting it MUST be as close to the legal limit of 12 ft lbs as possible or all you will likely do is injure the animal

Just throw it away mate, its not worth bothering with, and tell your dad to stop being so tight and get his hand in his pocket!!

Wish my two lads were as keen, I offer mine airguns, rimfire's just to get them out...and the anwser I get is " nahh dad cant be bothered"

The power of girls and xboxes on teenage lads!!

The PM