What's the Best Choking for clays?

"As I a not a very good shot"

Your average would state otherwise,

Is that your sporting average?

:shaun:

yes sporting i do about 3500 reg targets a year. if i were a good shot i would be using 1/2 1/2, which i have tried and it knocks 10 to 15% off my scores, i also use a lot of 9 shot at sporting.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes sporting i do about 3500 reg targets a year. if i were a good shot i would be using 1/2 1/2, which i have tried and it knocks 10 to 15% off my scores, i also use a lot of 9 shot at sporting.

Well, just think what could be achieved by using the tighter chokes then..........................................er, I think !

Well, just think what could be achieved by using the tighter chokes then..........................................er, I think !

Great idea Westley 1/2s could get me into B class and 3/4s or even full could take me all the way to C.

If there's a flaw in this plan i certainly cannot see it.

That's what I was getting at,

% in the 80s and says it's not very good

Shooting with cyl & cyl and no' 9 shot and a scoring average in the 80's. Suggests that "it really doesn't matter what you shoot, so long as you put it in the right place" which is said so often really is accurate for the vast majority.

I usually go 1/4 and 1/2 but have changed today to 3/4 and full in an effort to really brush up on accuracy with the view that once Im hitting nice numbers with that then dropping back to 1/4 and 1/2 will see even more breaks.

I was just 5 below my usual average score today with the more constricted chokes in.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the PW charity shoot good for beginners or is it a serious competition ?

Nah it`s not a serious competition. More of a social day with a bit of a competition thrown in as well. IIRC only a small number of the scores actually count towards the competition, top 10 from each side, so most of us are just along for the ride. Come along, you won`t regret it.

Is the PW charity shoot good for beginners or is it a serious competition ?

It's good for everyone,

you get to put names to faces, possibly meet people that you start to shoot with on a regular basis.

The scores don't matter, (North usually win anyway ;))

The scores over the years have ranged from 96 as a high to 10 as a low

Only the top ten scores from each side count towards the total so don't think that you will spoil anyones chances of winning,

Come along, it's a grand day out :good: