****** Bites!

robmiller

I managed to bring 3 cleg flies home with me today stuck to my fleece :blush:

They have to be the most persistent fly I have ever encountered, they were attacking me from all angles and I couldn`t shake them off :good:

I eventually managed to dive out of the room and get my electric fly zapper to kill them :oops:

disgusting *******.

jase.

Back home now. Which is good. Swellings gone down but got some sort of blood poisoning.

I think i am going to try the natural remedies, one with citronella is supposed to be a good one. Clegs seem to like me around water, lakes and rivers. Thats where i picked these ******* up. I was in barley, and as it was whisping my hands i obv didnt feel it.

I also need to find a good pair of gloves. Fingerless but with some sort of grip on them. Anyone know of any?

I am also allergic to Horse Fly bites, ending up in A&E numerous times with hands swelling etc. I was once bitten on the hand and the next morning there was a red line travelling up my arm in the blood stream - resulting in a course of injections.

I now use a great repellent "Nosquito" Extra Strength Insect Repellent Spray made by Craghoppers, I purchased it from a Mountainlife outlet shop. You can also buy it on line from the Mountainlife site.

Its great because it lasts upto 6 hours.