I hate these words .

Harnser

Shotty, Permission , Rimmy, tactical , any text talk used on here , flying rats ,squizzers and a few others that i carnt bring to mind at the moment .

I know ,i know , I am getting more cynical and grumpy as i get older . Well i have been shooting for 50 years so i think i am intitled to a grump once in a while .

A miserable old cynical countryman , Harnser .

Edited by Harnser

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shotti , Permission , Rimmi , tactical , any text talk used on here , flying rats ,squizzers and a few others that i carnt bring to mind at the moment .

I know ,i know , I am getting more cynical and grumpy as i get older . Well i have been shooting for 50 years so i think i am intitled to a grump once in a while .

A miserable old cynical countryman , Harnser .

There's a couple that get me, and uncapitalised "I"'s when describing yourself. :blink:

You'll be ok tomorrow mate. :hmm:

Must admit that text talk is a pet hate of mine cos (sic) its (sic) being lazy with the English language.

You were saying? :hmm:

I agree, "shotty", "rimmy" etc. gets right on my wick. Others which bug me are not abbreviations, but stuff like referring to complete centre or rimfire rounds as "bullets" or people saying they have a 2.2 air rifle!

Should we have a sub forum for grumpy old pedants? :blink:

Edited by Blunderbuss

Blunderbus is quite right, there is a case for a sub section for , shall we say , those old enough to appreciate, without deriding, those who attempt to write , and probably talk, in a cohesive manner. Now watch the snipers with their "stop moaning", "bored or something", "get a life", You could write the script for them. What is not readily recognised, is that those who are "grumpy old men" have lived long enough and worked hard enough to have earned the right to be just as unhappy with the young as the young appear to be with the elderly. Harnser, a great fly. LOTW

well if aint text talk,spelling,puncuation,language,asking questions that sound obvious to some,grammar,pictures, etc ,etc,etc, this site would have nothing to moan about. it s a forum,let it be just that and not take things so serious and and make big deals out of everything that is asked or said.there is more to life than sitting reading posts on a web site and disecting them till you find some thing to moan about :yes::good:

my rant over. :good:

Although I know where you are coming from Harnser, I can't work out what Permission is an abbreviation of :good:

'Carts' is another PW word that gets on my *** ends as well

Stuart .

Permission wasent meant to be an abbreviation ,just a word i dont like i would rather say ,the farms that i shoot on . Carts , that one really gets up my nose ,as does heads instead of bullets .

Harnser .