I hate these words .

Harnser

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be a Newb on here but Veteran on some almost touching the 50 I also do find the basic lack of typing skills infuriating, I can do text speak and abbreviations, but I think the major difference is that I learned Internet spelling as a second language, so I can use both, my son on the other hand has an appalling grasp of the English language, and struggles to comprehend the "Proper" way to communicate a message..I guess we all need to move on....

*Spell checked*... :good:

I may be a Newb on here but Veteran on some almost touching the 50 I also do find the basic lack of typing skills infuriating, I can do text speak and abbreviations, but I think the major difference is that I learned Internet spelling as a second language, so I can use both, my son on the other hand has an appalling grasp of the English language, and struggles to comprehend the "Proper" way to communicate a message..I guess we all need to move on....

*Spell checked*... :good:

Spell checked, but you've graced "newb", "veteran", "proper" and "internet" with capitals unnecessarily :yes:

100 lines after class :good:

:yes::good::good::lol: some people really need to get a grip,does it matter how and what people say?? aslong you know what their on about ?dont have to read it ,its a forum,turn the page and move on. i dont like reading the guardian in the mornings,so i dont buy it ,easy. :lol:

:lol::good::good: :( some people really need to get a grip,does it matter how and what people say?? aslong you know what their on about ?dont have to read it ,its a forum,turn the page and move on. i dont like reading the guardian in the mornings,so i dont buy it ,easy. :lol:

:yes: B) :P:lol: :yp: :yp: :yp:

Where's your capital letters?

We need a space after the comma.

And a gap between "as" and "long"

There's an apostrophe in dont.

Only one question mark is required.

It's they're, not their.

Guardian should have a capital G, though it doesn't deserve it, because it's a Communist rag :P

Just kidding. :yes::lol: (except about the Guardian)

The one that grates with me more than anything else is the word TARGET when talking about clay PIGEON shooting, why do people (usually CPSA nerds) refer to them as targets?

It is clay pigeon shooting, you go to a 50 or 100 BIRD shoot.

...and 'black stuff' whats that all about??

guinness :good:

instead of calling clay pigeons "targets", would it be acceptable to call them "clays"??

and about crows/jackdaws/rooks, would it be alright to paint all them with the term "corvids"??

except for magpies of course, they will be refered to as "******* ******* birds" :good: