STUD FEES

JRDS

This is a difficult one.

If everthing goes to plan then it works. However, i have known friends feud about the deal if there is a snag.

Only one bitch in the litter !!!

Both the breeder and the stud choose the same pup. !!!

A pup is chosen and then dies !!!

The stud fee pup is taken and then sold on !!!

However, i agree that a pup back as a stud fee (if the pups are just from working parents) is a suitable agreement between shoot ing companions.

I prefer to pay a fee and then the sevice and deal is complete, and then look for suitable homes for the pups while charging a reasonable price taking into consideration the stud fee.

A good idea is to have a mutual friend to be a referee during the deal.

Good luck anyway.

Jrds hi

just out of interest i paid £550 for my pup (lab bitch) and very happy I am too, stud fees are £450 so on paper a pup is a fair ish deal.......However RAR would seem to be spot on, It would be fair to pay the price up front then seek good homes for the pups, if mr stud owner wants one all the better...... give me the cash back deal done

I prefer not to sell anything myself to family or friends! sold a car once in good faith to a mate, and every time he had a problem over the next 3 years all I got was grief.....pavman that car you sold me! ho hum :)

pavman