British Open. Sporting and Sportrap

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mungler,

It is Lakenheath and yes CPSA is a must. The big boys will get upset with you if you want to go birds only.

Strange isn't it that they refuse to call birds "Birds" yet are happy enough to call people "Birds only muppets"

Here you are

£95 for 200 birds? you want your bumps felt!

You could come with me to 4 different shoots, probably have as much variation in birds and still have 60 quid in your sky rocket

Edited by MC

:good: I guess that's a 'no' then?

£42 for 100 Sportrap, and £53 for the Sporting.

Lakenheath has a couple of 120' towers according to the blurb, and a couple of 60' ones, I like towers though that's not the sole reason why I'm going.

RAF Lakenheath has some fairly high towers, with radar equipment on them. The shooting ground has a couple I believe but I don't remember them being anywhere near that high.

They ruined the shooting ground by cutting down all the trees and turning it into a flat field. Jeez I sound just like Catamong :oops: Well OK perhaps not quite that bad

RAF Lakenheath has some fairly high towers, with radar equipment on them. The shooting ground has a couple I believe but I don't remember them being anywhere near that high.

Last time i went i'm sure they had the high jobbies on cranes.

They can kiss my botty on that one.

Glad to see that CPSA membership is mandatory. I was only today thinking what a changed organisation it was after that recent much vaunted AGM coup. Oh hang on; that's right - that was just an exercise in moving the deckchairs around on a sinking ship. Silly me.

Edited by Mungler

Ha ha, you love Catamong!

Oh, my Goodness, I hope not........my fan club is too big to handle already, please spare me the attentions of an Essex "wannabee" who's already reached his peak of achievement duffing up the Boy Scouts and the Womens Institute newbies at the local 30 bird charity shoot. :o

I was booked in to shoot at "Foresakenheath" early on Thursday 3 Sept, but the CPSA, (God bless 'em :lol: ) have cancelled the Thursday shoot, as they've (yet again) totally underestimated the potential interest in this shoot, so I won't be shooting it, as I'm booked in to shoot the World Compact Sporting Champs near Paris the next day.

They think that just because they label it the "British Open", everybody will flock in their thousands to shoot it, but, sadly, that's no longer the case, the reality is that it's a second rate Sporting venue with a very mediocre layout, (a tad better than Meow Springs, but only just. :good: ).

My advice is, save your money, go to Southdown, Wylye Valley, 4 Counties, even Barrow Heath :P , at least you won't feel too badly screwed. :lol:

Cat.

as they've (yet again) totally underestimated the potential interest in this shoot

You probably meant 'overestimated'.

Thursday got cancelled last year at Southern Counties as well, the day I booked in on.

I'm approaching it with an open mind, I haven't shot there before so it'll add to my experience.

I would like to shoot it as I stopped in at Lakenheath on the way back from High Lodge in May and quite liked the place. It is very flat and featureless but I thought the targets were still quite good considering.

Not sure if I will be going though, I will see how I am shooting at the end of the month and then make an exec decision.

I would like to shoot it as I stopped in at Lakenheath on the way back from High Lodge in May and quite liked the place. It is very flat and featureless but I thought the targets were still quite good considering.

Not sure if I will be going though, I will see how I am shooting at the end of the month and then make an exec decision.

You can't spend money like that, man. You're from Yorkshire, it's indecent :good:

Pull yourself together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...