Pigeon shooting in Northern Ireland

mayfly what way is that dog bred is he kc reg, always liked the black and white springers was thinking of putting a black and white dog on my bitch next year(to hopefuly get a b+w pup to keep), but only know of 1 lad in kilera who has 1 the rest of the boys i know all have liver and white dogs

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MC, Yes mate, KC reg'd plenty rytex and badgercourt lines in his pedigree, his great grand father is "FT CH Knockmany jumbo" and a heap off FT CH'S Further down. For some reason his parents and grandparents were not trialled, so either the dogs were worked more or went out off the country, dont know, but he's got a terrific temperament, loves getting out and stuck in but knows when to switch off when needed. Very head strong on occasions but at the same time a steady dog, wouldn't swap him for anything, he'll be part of this family until his time comes. If you want a gander at his pedigree, let me know.

Edited by mayfly36

mayfly what way is that dog bred is he kc reg, always liked the black and white springers was thinking of putting a black and white dog on my bitch next year(to hopefuly get a b+w pup to keep), but only know of 1 lad in kilera who has 1 the rest of the boys i know all have liver and white dogs

This fella would'nt know what a bitch was for, i sat him beside a dog that was in heat a while ago, but he was more interested in what i was up to, ie throwing dummes. But im sure the penny will click sometime. Stupid dog. LoL :angry:

brooke is coming on well at 12 odd weeks.showing good traits. carrying stuff back to me and using it`s nose plenty.

HPIM1797Small.jpg

NICE pup, i seriously was considering a Lab for my next pup, springer ok for beating, but as for retrievals far out, i might need the lab, Don't get me wrong, my springer will retrieve from the direction we came from, ie 1/4 mile away, but retrieving from a different direction at a distance he needs a bit off coaxing. But hey, he' doing what he's supposed to be doing, not gonna trial him after his injury last year. I dont need a relapse if i push him in his training again.

• 2 weeks later...

you boys were lucky. There's absolutely nothing now about my neck of the woods. I take it all the pigones have moved onto acorns/beech in the big estates. Are you still shooting over stubbles? it'ill be at least the 3rd week in November now before I probably see any birds again.

Yes, still shooting over stubble, and a few off the pigeons wee stuffed yesterday with acorns and barley. Where myself and davie mac shoot, theirs a wood and they seem to be feeding and roosting in and around this area, the wood is stuffed with acorns, and the rooks and crows would scare ya, hundreds, so thats gonna be our next target.

that was a good bag you got last weekend though! I have found them really difficult this year. to much feeding earlier and now they have all disappeared. Fingers crossed its going to be a good winter. lurgan is'nt a million miles away from me though. funny how they are still about down your way, but they are all in woods up here. We do have shed load of beech trees though, so maybe that explains it

that was a good bag you got last weekend though! I have found them really difficult this year. to much feeding earlier and now they have all disappeared. Fingers crossed its going to be a good winter. lurgan is'nt a million miles away from me though. funny how they are still about down your way, but they are all in woods up here. We do have shed load of beech trees though, so maybe that explains it

I was on a flight line yesterday. A good few of the pigeons were full of beech nuts

there is 10 big beech trees just up the road from me i went to it yesterday and there was about 60-70 woodies flew out of them as i walked up to them, so i stayed for a hour and a half but not a single bird came back , did mange 2 pigeons at a different place but most of the woodies where sky high and out of range as it was a very calm day

• 1 month later...