Pigeon shooting in Northern Ireland

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not done any yet, but was driving home earlier noticed quite a few pigeon on the clover near to me, so may venture out on tuesday just to get the eye in for harvest time!! Depends on the how bad the hangover is from Monday's festivities! :rolleyes:

Ive been out three times this year. First time was near Catlewllan almost 2 months ago. 31 crows and 11 feral pigeon. That was a good day but 2 weeks ago I had a great day in a field near me. I was shooting over Oil seed rape and the woodpigeons were loving it. This field normally attracts crows but this Saturday it was woodies only. The final bag was 11 WP which is great for me with lots of misses. Last week I returned to the same field and now its all yellow flower. I set up again, eat my sandwiches, drank my coffee,eat my snickers, listened to "Im sorry i havent a clue" on my ipod. Pigeons? Nahhh

i was watching a fiels out the back of our work yard on thursday, there's a small field about 1 1/2 acre of barley, there was quite a lot of it downed with the heavy rain and the pigeons were hammering it, the field is impossible to shoot as it backs on to a housing estate and a road runs along the other boundry. It was full of birds, i watched for about 1o mins between rain showers and as a conserative estimate i would have said at least 250 pigeons came and went!! No too much activity round my own shoots as the crop is a few weeks later up here, but looking foward to getting a few evenings soon!!

i was watching a fiels out the back of our work yard on thursday, there's a small field about 1 1/2 acre of barley, there was quite a lot of it downed with the heavy rain and the pigeons were hammering it, the field is impossible to shoot as it backs on to a housing estate and a road runs along the other boundry. It was full of birds, i watched for about 1o mins between rain showers and as a conserative estimate i would have said at least 250 pigeons came and went!! No too much activity round my own shoots as the crop is a few weeks later up here, but looking foward to getting a few evenings soon!!

thats always the way pigeons no there more than safe in that field lol

aye a very long holiday lol. was a great days sport

nice one! i got out last night for an hour, just to have a look so i could plan what to do on saturday. ended up with two crows (it was an armed recon!) and decided the best plan is to have no plan at all, play it by ear saturday morning :crazy: