Pigeon shooting in Northern Ireland

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got out friday around 3pm rain just stopped. Spotted a field that had been cut a few days before, and there were 100+ crows feeding in one corner and a good number of pigeons feeding in the area.

20 mins later was set up

1 min later had 6-7 pigeons coming in got a left and right :good: 2 mins later another 1 then....

The farmer arrived and asked me to pack up :oops:

Invited back when there is more fields cut. Hope the weather improves.

went out for a few hours, just as we arrived at the farm yard about 60 crows were leaving after finishing their dinner, the cattle had been fed early today :yes: :yes:

stuck with it and got 2 crows and a pigeon for 2 hours, went to another place after rabbits and got a personal best - 130 yard shot on a rabbit with the 10/22 ^_^ was the one and only rabbit of the day. then when we were starting to head home richie saw a load of starlings sat on the power lines, fired both barrels and took out about 10 they were so tightly packed - least it brought his shot / kill ratio for the day up to something a bit more acceptable :yes: :blink: :good:

went out for a few hours, just as we arrived at the farm yard about 60 crows were leaving after finishing their dinner, the cattle had been fed early today :yes: :yes:

stuck with it and got 2 crows and a pigeon for 2 hours, went to another place after rabbits and got a personal best - 130 yard shot on a rabbit with the 10/22 ^_^ was the one and only rabbit of the day. then when we were starting to head home richie saw a load of starlings sat on the power lines, fired both barrels and took out about 10 they were so tightly packed - least it brought his shot / kill ratio for the day up to something a bit more acceptable :yes: :blink: :good:

Don't want to sound like a killjoy but perhaps maybe info about shooting starlings of power lines would be best left out of the report?

Don't want to sound like a killjoy but perhaps maybe info about shooting starlings of power lines would be best left out of the report?

yep ur being a complete killjoy, you need a good slap, and shooting power lines is fun!! :blink: :yes:

dont worry, i didnt explain it well, he walked towards them with the gun in the shoulder, they took off in a tight flock (as they do) and he emptied the gun into them :yes: :yes:

Edited by babbyc1000

yep ur being a complete killjoy, you need a good slap, and shooting power lines is fun!! :blink: :yes:

dont worry, i didnt explain it well, he walked towards them with the gun in the shoulder, they took off in a tight flock (as they do) and he emptied the gun into them :yes: :yes:

I thought thats how it was, well that's my good upstanding member of the community service done for another year!!!