Pigeon shooting in Northern Ireland

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye, we had one of those days! it rained most of the morning so only saw 3 or 4 rabbits, we gave up on them after a while and went up to the cattle barns for a look round there to see if there were many crows about. bagged 4 crows as soon as we got there, didnt do too bad alltogether (8 in an hour and plenty more floating about), so it looked like it was going to turn into a great day out, even the weather had cleared up a good bit. called a break around 12 and planned to bring up the camo nets and decoys once we'd had lunch, but then terry got a phone call and had to head back off to lisburn, so that was us for the day :look:

i should be heading out again on saturday, terry might make it down too, so fingers crossed :yes:

aye i will proably head out sumwhere still a lot of fields to be cut yet round my way, i also gainned 2 new farms to shoot today 1 of which has a large plantation of beech trees, fir trees etc so hopefuly that will give me a bit of shooting over the winter evenings at woodies and crows :hmm:

Edited by monkeyboots

i will hopefuly get out a we run tomorrow nite on the lamp as well but i will have the lurcher instead of the gun with me, this will be her make or break season she is 18mths old and has had a few foxes on the lamp doubled up with another dog but she will be working single handed at fox this time so will see how she gets on

got out earlier today for a bit of shooting over barley stubble, had a good early morning, 53 pigeon and 4 crows before 10am, i had to leave the mate to it as had a message to go, he rang me earlier he finished on just over 70 pigeon, as things slowed down he was also telling me that at 1 point this afternoon there was 7 Buzzards hovering about in that 1 field alone!!!

got out earlier today for a bit of shooting over barley stubble, had a good early morning, 53 pigeon and 4 crows before 10am, i had to leave the mate to it as had a message to go, he rang me earlier he finished on just over 70 pigeon, as things slowed down he was also telling me that at 1 point this afternoon there was 7 Buzzards hovering about in that 1 field alone!!!#

good days shooting.

I was out 4 pigeons 3 crows and a rabbit