Pigeon Decoys

Resolve IT

I have camo nets, decoys etc etc & a gun, now how do I shoot the *******, We think we have found the flight line which is immediately above a newly drilled field, but we only seem to see the pigeons when they have been eating all day and are returning to the roost, how do we attract them?? also ive heard a mixed response to pigeon magnets any feedback, I am also in a position to manufacture one of these, any tips would be appreciated, thanks

DM :0  :0

Hi

Myself and Lazza think there ideal as long as you don’t over do it in the same area as the little ******* learn that a pigeon Merry-Go-Round is a fun park for them.  At times we throw it in the ditch as it can have adverse effects but not that often.

You best bet is find what and where they are feeding, the crops on any you flight line will give a clue.  At the moment the drillings are mopped up very quickly then they seem to either go back to the decimated areas of rape they can get to or clover on a grass field.

I have noticed that they are feeding very late in the day at the moment about an hour before there bed time,  this is possibly because I have observed from my livingroom window doing the mating thing  and a fair few nest building during the day,  and saw my first chick fall from a nest yesterday (poor thing LOL).

The drillings will be up in a week or so watch the Peas and the Spring Rape ( Oh Happy Day).  They just love the young shoots.

Check the hints and Tips section of the main site for pattern layouts.  These seem to work the best.

Hope this helps

Kev :)

I purchased mine from York Guns at £99.00 Its a two bird version and the wing spikes are fixed to the arms.

It works fine and at a bargin price, I belive the pinewood one is lighter and the origanal Pigeon Magnet (which Lazza has) is slightly better constructed but not at an extra £150 touch.  

The only extra you need is a battery of which there are various ones to choose from at diffrent amp hour ratings.

DM,

I can recommend a book called "The Pigeon Shooter" by John Batley as a good intro to woodie shooting.  (I think you mentioned somewhere else you were new to pigeon shooting).  It has some good tips and techniques in it.

You can get it on Amazon for £11.99.   :)