159 MPH

ernyha

Ern,

Does it matter?:) Sneaky ********. I know all the long term arguements, As long as he's doing 159 when he's trying to catch some crooked plonker, I don't care. I think I understnd your point, but rapists, peodofiles (wrong spelling) and murderers are much more in my scopes. It's to be expected!

Hammy

He's gonna be ****** off with the acceleration of the 996R as well :):shoot::shoot:

This speeding **** is just another example of the wrong targets for reducing deaths on the road.

My mate who has a big Porsche nearly **** himself the other night, he's a bit of a hooley when provoked and was driving along steadily when lights came up behind him, pulled gently away but they came back up on him so when he reached the dual cariageway he gave it some serious volume. Lights dropped back at around 130mph so he steadied up and they came back at him big style, he dropped a cog and booted it up to an indicated 150 and the lights dissapeared. Slowed for the next roundabout and they came looming up again to be accompanied by some blue flashing lights. This section of dual carriageway is the same one where a couple of bikers recently got locked up for serious hooning so he was thinking prison food and how the hell do you pick up the soap in the shower if you drop it.

Mate turns off to receive his ticket, copper draws alongside, looks across, grins and wags his finger and just drives off. My mate is by this time resembling a jellyfish and drives the 3 miles home at 30mph. I'd take his word on this, I've known him for 30 years !!!, just shows that there ae still some people out there with a sense of humour. Now where did I put that map of the Nurburgring :shoot::shoot:

This bloke wants to apply for a transfer to Kent.

Here the Police have taken the blue light and sirens off some of their cars, as there have been too many accidents with them speeding to attend emergencies. :)

Common sense would suggest that the Kent crop of police drivers need more training, but that would be like rocket science for our Chief Constable to work out.

My arguement and obviously that of the people (his colleages) who brought the prosecution to court in the first place is that if a police driver needs to get used to driving a 160mph car then he should do so at Silverstone or similar race circuit and not on the public highway.

I am sure such facilities as race tracks would be, and probably are, made available to train police and others who could have a need to drive at those sort of speeds in the line of their employment.

This bloke wants to apply for a transfer to Kent.

Here the Police have taken the blue light and sirens off some of their cars, as there have been too many accidents with them speeding to attend emergencies. :rolleyes:

Common sense would suggest that the Kent crop of police drivers need more training, but that would be like rocket science for our Chief Constable to work out.

I got nicked by a ***** of a copper on the M25 in Kent while out on the 916, watch out for him he looks just like Ben Elton but he's a total wan*er. I reported his attitude to the chief cunstable but a fat lot of good it did.

I was stopped many years ago on the M25 near Brentwood in Essex, doing 110 mph in a Senator 3.0.

The M25 was empty, I was in the slow lane on my way back from Manchester and it was nearly 1 am.

When I went to Court, my Solicitor tried to save me from being banned, by telling the magistrate that I had a factory in Kent, one in Manchester and one in Dundee, I employed 300 people and had to visit my factories.

The Magistrate replied that if I was that important, I could afford to hire someone to drive me :rolleyes: :thumbs: :(....... ........then banned me for 14 days and fined me £300. :( :( :(

In 1999. Metropolitan Police officers were involved in 5,500 accidents, six of which involved deaths. Remember Sheena McDonald the news reader who was almost killed by a police driver.

I've recently just completed an Emergency Fire Appliance Driving course(EFAD) .

It recommends that I am permitted to speed up to 20 miles an hour above the national speed limit. If I were to have an accident above those speeds then I could be prosecuted for reckless driving.

Also If i'm responding to alarms then drive at road speed with blue lights on.

One rule for one springs to mind. :<

159!!

He is going to struggle to catch a GSXR 1K with that, after an hour he will be 27 miles behind it

lol

Dave

yep but the chopper above the car wont lose it :rolleyes: :thumbs:

intresting you say that, thats what i would think

but i was watching one of these police chase things, when a chopper was following a porsche on the run, and when the porsche hit 170 the chopper couldnt keep up,

i always imagined choppers would have a massive ground speed, but apparently not

so they waited untill the porsche crashed and then had him

Edited by dunganick

159!!

He is going to struggle to catch a GSXR 1K with that, after an hour he will be 27 miles behind it

lol

Dave

yep but the chopper above the car wont lose it :rolleyes: :thumbs:

An RSV millie Sucessfully outran a police heli in Australia. Probably do able on most of our motorways in the UK at quiet times. A fast civilian type helicopter will only do 150 tops GSXR 1K will do 186 and gets there a damn site faster than the chopper. Aparently the best way to evade the police heli is to ride in to civil air space ie go to neares air port and the helicopter wont beable to follow as they please.

One thing you cant out run is the radio!!

Its not big and not clever but If my works motor did 159 and I thought I would get away with it then.............

Dave

IThe Magistrate replied that if I was that important, I could afford to hire someone to drive me

But hevi-shot cartridges are still too expensive, aren't they?

What niggles me is that normal law does not seem to apply to the police.

If I point a gun at someone, I can be sued for common assault. Not them, it seems.

If I have been reported carrying a concealed firearm, or table leg, by some plonker with a mobile phone, I can be killed lawfully.

If it were in a not-very-noisy situation like a high street, my tinitus would probably mean that I would probably not decipher a warning by the baseball-cap squad from the other sounds going on around me, and I would probably be dead.

Edited by rjimmer

The common assault angle is intresting, a few years ago I was puting on a demo for the army with a load of H+K Assault and sniper rifles. When chating to the guy at H+K he told me the reason they no longer fit Lasers to their rifles or sites is because it is an infringement on the criminals Human rights. They still use a rapid target aquisition site on the G36; it is red dot but the dot is superimposed rather than projected.

Dave

What niggles me is that normal law does not seem to apply to the police

That reminds me of an incident that happened to a policeman I knew back in the early 60's. He owned a Vincent 1000cc motorbike which was the most potent bike on the road at the time.

On several occasions he was stopped for speeding and each time on production of his warrant card he got away with it.

Once though when he was speeding in the next county and the police followed him to his house, The officer started the conversation by saying that it was fruitless to say that the bike wouldn't run below 30mph as he owned one himself.

The rider then produced his warrant card and with a big grin on his face said "I am in the force".

Reply from the police: "You should know better then shouldn't you?" and proceeded to book him. :rolleyes: :thumbs:

He was fined,warned about his future conduct and soon after that he resigned from the force.

if followed on the m25 southern section by a chopper head to heathrow or gatwick,park up bike,enjoy a coffee.proceed to bins by whsmith/martins.remove till receipt from an hour before you entered,buy whats on it,ride out.

been here hours officer,bored,row with missus etc.

ride home :rolleyes:

Lets knock this silly speed limit thing on the head and adopt Rose and Crown rules, accident rate would plummet as the ******* who wander about all over the road reading books and using their phones would need to be on their toes to avoid getting stuffed by a 150mph vehicle coming up behind them !!.

Let the court throw the book at people who cause accidents, it is rarely speed but inatentive, lazy and indifferent driving that causes the problems.