Pigeon Kite

reddan

Hi,

Just seen an advert in the back of Sporting Gun for what I am calling a kite. It appears to be a set of decoy wings that flys up to 30m up in the air. Just wondered if anyone has tried one etc? Was thinking if a magnet brings them in then this has much more visibility from a distance as it is so high up.

Link

Dan

Edited by reddan

Ahhh.....this will have to be seen....

Ive personaly been working on these ones.........

You coming to the fair KDUBS, if so. do pop in for a beer with me.

working on personally? I take it you refer to the "terminator" in a "well known decoying site" if you are and yep I really think you are? how come the "see in action video" is the SAME video that is shownis of bouncers made by a guy in stockton on tees which have been available via fleabay for a LONG time,the vid even has a reference to fleabay oh dear,

Not a bad effort these I admit,and yet another tribute to chris green! but like I said if you want the PERFECTED job see mag357 his put these to shame both in quality and action and guess what they are a tenner cheaper? :good:

cheers KW

Indeed KDUBS, we have borrowed the vid, just waiting to get our own on there.

However the "one from the other shop" has a completely unique mouting system not the same one that is from EGAY. This one that wont be subject to breaking with prolonged use, is easier to set up and gives even more movement than that is shown on the other vid.

PRICE WISE - come and see us at the game fair for a nice bargain.....

We have been working very hard designing the mounting system, brackets, and are currently working on the manufacturing of them for the game fair. These are going to be SELL OUT ITEMS.

would love to see it but working 12 hour nights this weekend so not a can do for me? I have had two off Chris Green they were "passed on " ages ago, I have also seen the ones in your video ( one of the mounts snapped fairly quickly) I now only have two I got from Mag 357 and hawkeye (this forums handles) yes I know them, yes I shoot with both of them, so yes that's how I know their bouncers ARE the best I have come across,

tell you whatif yours are that good send me one to try if its better I will buy it,and I will openly post here to that effect, cant say fairer than that?

cheers KW

Guest topshot_2k
Indeed KDUBS, we have borrowed the vid, just waiting to get our own on there.

However the "one from the other shop" has a completely unique mouting system not the same one that is from EGAY. This one that wont be subject to breaking with prolonged use, is easier to set up and gives even more movement than that is shown on the other vid.

PRICE WISE - come and see us at the game fair for a nice bargain.....

sorry to sound stupid but who is 'us'?

would love to see it but working 12 hour nights this weekend so not a can do for me? I have had two off Chris Green they were "passed on " ages ago, I have also seen the ones in your video ( one of the mounts snapped fairly quickly) I now only have two I got from Mag 357 and hawkeye (this forums handles) yes I know them, yes I shoot with both of them, so yes that's how I know their bouncers ARE the best I have come across,

tell you whatif yours are that good send me one to try if its better I will buy it,and I will openly post here to that effect, cant say fairer than that?

cheers KW

ones in the vids mate, your right the brackets are ****...thats why they have been changed. as I said, the vid is "borrowed".

As for freebies......you would have to have a word with the boss...if you were coming and popped in for a beer then you may be in with a chance, its nice to put a face to a "keyboard handle".

Top Shot - I cant say the name as not allowed to on this forum, but its something to do with a "method of shooting based in our finest kingdom. "

• 3 weeks later...

i was lucky enough to be given one on here. there great.

launch on a good wind and peg it down.....

move to the next field as the pigs will go no where near it so it saves on the bangers. i forgot i had it so thanks for reminding me. i used it in the winter to get the birds off one rape field and onto the one where i was. i think i had a good day and ended up with a pigeon that day... i might have been wrong though. :blush:

Nice effort Mike, but I find the Chris Green copies lack side to side 'swing' movement.

The Terminator design allows side to side swing, plus a full 360 degree roll and then automatic righting of the decoy.

If this is deemed too much movement by the user, the swing movement can be locked to allow the decoy to act as the ones in your video, i.e. simple up/down 'float' with the swing/tumble ability disabled.

Lancs did well with this design. :hmm::hmm: