Browning or Beretta

mike.ginty

Hi just looking at getting a new gun i have two in mind both sporters a Beretta SV10 Prevail or the Browning cynergy has anyone tried either or both of these guns can they tell me what there like to shoot with. I have heard from 2 gun dealers bad reports saying they wouldn't touch the cynergy with a barge poll they might just be biased on the design,they said the cynergy has shooting and mechanical failures on the hinge pin jamming the gun .

Edited by mike.ginty

Guest topshot_2k

not used the new beretta but the browning is a good gun, have shot it and it felt nice, well built etc and not heard any bad reports on them myself.

The Cynergy (Black Ice) in my opinion is a great gun and has improved my clay bashing no end but some dont like the modern looks of the gun but you cant really go wrong with a beretta either.The best idea is to try both guns and see which fit's you better and feels right for you :hmm:

Thats a new one on me, a couple of my local dealers say the cynergy action is built like a tank. I had a cynergy black ice, it was excellent and I regret selling it. Trigger pulls are about as good as you will get in that price range. I havnt tried the Prevail yet, but have had quite a few berettas, 687el, 686e, 304, DT10 and have never had a problem with them either. :good:

***EDIT*** Just remembered I think there were the very occasional Cynergy that gave problems when they were first released, but they sorted the problem quickly.

Edited by SidneyG

Being quite small I find Beretta guns more comfortable to shoot. My Silver Pigeon is very nice. Brownings seem a little more hefty and all the bigger blokes I know prefer them? Either way you'll have a good reliable gun so just buy what fits you best :good:

Being quite small I find Beretta guns more comfortable to shoot. My Silver Pigeon is very nice. Brownings seem a little more hefty and all the bigger blokes I know prefer them? Either way you'll have a good reliable gun so just buy what fits you best :good:

Both Top Guns IMHO

Although my gun shop pointed out the Browning was crafted out of a single block rather than having replacable pins etc

His opinion a gun that once worn would be difficult to repair, with the cavat that it would take along time to wear out

I have the Cynergy Pro Sport Adjustable with the latest normal configured stock (I dont like the inflex pad found on some) and I think its a superb bit of kit. Its a real solid feeling gun and very pointable and never missed a beat in the time ive had it. Its now a year and a bit old and looks and feels as good as the day I bought it.

I have been considering a Blaser F3 for about a year now and almost bought one several times. But the Cynergy seems to fit me well and I keep going back to it as its just a well built solid gun.

I have tried the SV10 perennia which was a lovely gun. Both are good guns which will last forever, and will come down to what fits you better.

Hello

I would say the dealer you spoke to doesn't know his **** from his elbow as Cynergy's don't have a hinge pin!! :oops: If i were you i'd find a dealer where you can 'try before you buy' and see which gun fits you best and which one you like the look of, they're both good guns :lol:

Mark

Hello

I would say the dealer you spoke to doesn't know his **** from his elbow as Cynergy's don't have a hinge pin!! :D If i were you i'd find a dealer where you can 'try before you buy' and see which gun fits you best and which one you like the look of, they're both good guns :good:

Mark

Isn't that what I said ?

Edited by PhilSIDC

I have shot both guns and both are fine. I own Berettas and Brownings, so no bias. The Cynergy is an acquired taste. If you don't get on with it, the resale might be more difficult. People do either love or loathe them. They shoot better than they look.

I would take a Miroku MK38 over either of them.

I`ve tried both over the last year or two and of them, I`d have the Browning every time (in fact I have a composite Cynergy 30" multi choke).

Best advice would be to go to a clay ground where they have both and try them, then make your own mind up which you prefer.

On a purely personal note, I wouldn`t trade my Cynergy for anything (well, maybe a Purdey or a Diamond Pigeon :good: ).