best .22 pellets

rubble_1978

whats the best pellet for my .22 springer?:good:?:D?:good:

what ever ones you like this as been gone over and over and over , buy some pellets try them if they work use them , personally i use accupells as they seem to work and hit hard , diff guns diff pellets , keep trying till u find one u like ,

What are you going to be shooting? If it's pests you're shooting, a tin of pellets that are over £8 are usually worth buying. DO NOT buy pointed pellets if you are shooting live animals, as the pellet will go in and out with minimal damage. Flat or dome heads will be fine.

For me personally, its Bisley Long Range Gold - I know theyre not the most expensive but they group well in my HW99S - I hit 2 (out of 3), 1/2" bulls-eyes at 50 yards at the weekend when range-finding with moderate wind. The first shot was way off, but I used that to judge where to aim the last 2 shots.

H&N CoppaPoints seem to be good, consistent pellets aswell (Not for hunting though - Although I have nailed 2 woodies at close range (10-15yrds) with em.

Promethius seem to go all over the shop when shooting further than 20 yrds and I swear they dirty my barrel.

Logun Penetrators (16gr) 'arc' too much in my rifle.

Hollow points seem ok at close range, but then again bisley LRG are too (and at long range) so I'm just gonna stick with them.

Just take your time and experiment using fresh targets for each different pellet you try. And try different ranges too with each pellet.

Edited by FarmerB

Nice plug mate.

Any chance of a free sample? Say 10 pellets? :good:

They do free (ish) sample packs of all three sizes on Air Ammo's site. I ordered some but it then takes you to PayPal although the price is listed as 0.00, you can't process that through PayPal so I just made it 0.01, £14squid for a full box seems a bit pricey though.