ROOF SEAT ?

ME

This one is probably right up Pavmans street.

We need some type of easily attached / detached seat to fit on the roof bars of a SWB Shogun.

I was thinking of cutting the legs off a four leg office chair and attaching it to box steel bar with u bolts and wing nuts.

Has anyone else got any other cunning ideas, it must be substantial enough to carry an Essex chap...

simply put been there and tried it and doesn't work well, However if it has a bull bar I have seen a seat made up attached to it and mounted on the bonnet that worked well with a SG with seat belt I might add. the roof idea is fine in theory but in practice you have trouble shooting any sense. Its why I chopped in a fourtrak for a pickup as you just couldn't rifle shoot properly other than out of the window.

The bullbar-mounted shooting seat (in Jurassic Park-style) works a treat, particularly for rabbiting with an FAC shotgun. It makes for an adrenaline-packed experience.

It has got bullbars. Anyone find any pictures of a bull bar seat ?

This one is probably right up Pavmans street.

We need some type of easily attached / detached seat to fit on the roof bars of a SWB Shogun.

I was thinking of cutting the legs off a four leg office chair and attaching it to box steel bar with u bolts and wing nuts.

Has anyone else got any other cunning ideas, it must be substantial enough to carry an Essex chap...

How substancial? I mean is this fella a real heavyweight or just a medium munter?

What I have found is you will need a restraint device of some sort-Its just then 'ride with the devil'

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Thule roof rack off Ebay for £20.00 and last night we ratchet strapped a Landrover 90 middle seat to it. It looked like the Popemobile but did the job.

As Al4x said the shooter did complain about lack of gun rest, so thats our next project.

I bought a Thule roof rack off Ebay for £20.00 and last night we ratchet strapped a Landrover 90 middle seat to it. It looked like the Popemobile but did the job.

As Al4x said the shooter did complain about lack of gun rest, so thats our next project.

Have a word with CrazyFarmerBoy. He's a got a car back seat bolted on top of his land rover. Tried it once, works a treat and very comfortable. Not sure if in the event of a roll if you're likely to get crushed or thrown clear. :good:

:lol: could even mount a laptop with a ballistics program and range finder up there :good:

think of stephen hawking with a rifle mounted on top of a landrover :lol: :lol: :yes:

I reckon that would be as funny to watch as David Blunkett being chased across a field by cows :drinks:

Edited by al4x

Right then

now i am back i can attend to this,,,,

Matt did you see my tow bar mounted platform, it has just 3 bits to it bottom end fits to tow bar top end rests on roof bar... its gives a standing height of around 32 inch so your view is from around 8 foot, more to the point its an ace bipod stance that you get in 360 deg field of view

ask Highlander he liked it so much he made one!

i have pics on works pc if you wish?

In fact i can do better,,, if you can get over friday night i will take you lamping (subject to me getting a pass out having been away so long) you cant be far from me so you can test my set up for ideas etc,,, cant say better than that can I ?

pavman for all things steel and oil :good:

Edited by pavman