Eh..PW we have a problem.

Guinea Fowl

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do a system restore to the point before this thing started happening. You will then have to download AVG again.

A virus has downloaded something onto your computer and its possible that the system restore will sort it out. Then download AVG again and do a scan to make sure its gone.

Do a system restore to the point before this thing started happening. You will then have to download AVG again.

A virus has downloaded something onto your computer and its possible that the system restore will sort it out. Then download AVG again and do a scan to make sure its gone.

But AVG doesn't detect it :unsure:

found on the net !!!

had the same issue but found the files in the folder below. C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Local\Temp\

The files seem to be about 5 or 6 exe files named a to F. I use vista so the path may be different for others.

its possible the creator of the virus might have put something more dangerous along with this easy found virus.

Anyway delete those files and empty bin. no more music. thank you.

Just do the Malwarebytes thing. AVG just won't shift it.

I ran Kaspersky, AVG, Ad-Aware and all sorts of other garbage and none of them found it. :good:

Right, i got Malwarebytes, but it don`t want to open, must i uninstall AVG first or will it work with AVG.

This monster i have is closing programs at random, it even shuts the PC down, so that i have to switch the power on again.

It also drives the CPU mad, then crashing the system.

I think this one will end up costing me some real money! :)

Mine takes quite an unusually long time to open :good: but it does open eventually

It'll work independently of AVG, no need to uninstall AVG, just start the scan, it offers "Quick Scan" or "Full Scan".

With these things, I sometimes find it's easier to do a Quick Scan first, if your PC is unstable, as the Full Scan takes so long, it may crash before the programme has had time to finish. So do a Quick Scan, then delete anything it finds, then run Full Scan, just to be sure.

Edit - I've just timed it. From double clicking on the desktop shortcut, it takes 45 seconds to open, which doesn't sound a long time, but it's an eternity when you're staring at the screen waiting for it. If your PC is in a mess, it could take longer.

Edited by Chard

Mine takes quite an unusually long time to open :) but it does open eventually

It'll work independently of AVG, just start the scan, it offers "Quick Scan" or "Full Scan".

With these things, I sometimes find it's easier to do a Quick Scan first, if your PC is unstable, as the Full Scan takes so long, it may crash before the programme has had time to finish. So do a Quick Scan, then delete anything it finds, then run Full Scan, just to be sure.

Edit - I've just timed it. From double clicking on the desktop shortcut, it takes 45 seconds to open, which doesn't sound a long time, but it's an eternity when you're staring at the screen waiting for it. If your PC is in a mess, it could take longer.

Ill try again to open it, you think 45 seconds is long, i am still waiting from last night :good:

I rate the Malwarebyte thing, I had a nasty little virus and it did the job.

Yes I was impressed. I couldn't believe how I could run all those other programmes, like Ad-Aware, AVG and Kaspersky and they didn't find anything. They were all current on updates as well :good:

I have now tried everything you guys said, for some reason i can`t get malewarebytes installed and if do, it don`t want to work.

This thingy i got seems to just close everything i try to run, it sends the CPU in overdrive when i try to do anything, i can`t even do a system restore.

My knowledge of computers and all the **** that comes with it is now exhausted, i think ill have to take it in somewhere, or just buy a new PC. I have had it with this music, and the fact that it just turns my PC off when it want`s to.

But thanks for all the help guys. :good:

P.S. if someone wants a pc for target practice let me know!

You need to do this as you will then be able to run the Malware program before the virus starts running

as I said turn computer off then restart holding down the f8 button BEFORE you see the Windows logo

Edited by PhilSIDC

You need to do this as you will then be able to run the Malware program before the virus starts running

as I said turn computer off then restart holding down the f8 button BEFORE you see the Windows logo

Yes, that`s how i did it, but i can`t get the malewarebytes thing to download, when i try to download anything the monster just shuts it down, i can`t even surf the net without it closing repeatedly?

Are you using Internet Explorer?

If you are, do you have Firefox installed as well? When I had this, I found that it only affected IE. If I used Firefox, it was generally OK, so I could download stuff like Malwarebytes in Firefox

The only other thing you could try is to go into Task Manager and look at all the applications running. You'll see some dodgy looking stuff like "9.exe" or "9.tmp" or "9.tmp.exe". If you end these processes, it will shut them up temporarily, (because these are some of the dodgy things that have been imported onto your PC) though they will come back, but it might give you a chance to get online and download Malwarebytes :good: