new toy guys...

mrthumb

I got a new camera, the casio ex f1. and this baby will record upto 1200 FPS..

and it so happens i took it to the range with me the other weekend.

the gun is a Taurus long barreled revolver eg the magnum 44.

the gals got some kick :good:

might have to apply for a variation for rat hunting.

• 1 month later...
Ok im confused? i thought all cartridge pistols were banned in the uk? so how did you get a .44 magnum? because i want one!!!

o and cool video would be even cooler if you could see the bullet

for our government to ban handguns they had to first define what a handgun was. and it was if it was under 23 inches. the magnum 44 has a 12 inch barrel and also a arm brace which brings it over the 23 inches minium. you must be part of a pistol shooting club for the police to even entertain the application.

Ive seen these vid's on youtube a looooonnnnnnggggggggggggg time ago..........

I thought I did as well :blink:

what are you guys saying that i have posted these videos pretending they belong to me?

look at the date of upload. that when they first hit the internet. they only existed days prior to the upload. and it was about 1 month ago.

If you seen these videos elsewhere before i showed them here.

i welcome you to bring it to the forums attention :good:

for our government to ban handguns they had to first define what a handgun was. and it was if it was under 23 inches. the magnum 44 has a 12 inch barrel and also a arm brace which brings it over the 23 inches minium. you must be part of a pistol shooting club for the police to even entertain the application.

hmmmmmm i think my club does pistol shooting on a sunday? this i must investigate, i know they do black powder pistol shooting so i'll have to enquire if i can get my hands on one :good:

Where sells cameras like that and how much are they?

the camera is a casio EX f1, its costs about 500 notes.

you can legally own a glock 17 in this country, for example under these circumstances. you are a deer stalker and you require a humain killing device for finishing off the animal. you can apply for a humain killer handgun. they usually only have a single shot, the magazine for example would be pinned so it would not accept more than 1 cartridge.

so thats 1 way you could own one..

but from what i can gather its far easier to get one on the street :good:

yeah that is true

a lot of the guns/knifes that get handed in, bought back or seized from banns never make it to be destroyed

i wonder where they go...

i know a few people who work at the steel works where they take them to be melted and they get brought in my armed police

they have told me that lots and lots of the knifes especially dont get to that stage

plus you would probably get a restricted 2 shot revolver for humaine killing

Edited by angelotambini

yeah that is true

a lot of the guns/knifes that get handed in, bought back or seized from banns never make it to be destroyed

i wonder where they go...

i know a few people who work at the steel works where they take them to be melted and they get brought in my armed police

they have told me that lots and lots of the knifes especially dont get to that stage

plus you would probably get a restricted 2 shot revolver for humaine killing

interesting. i heard about a guy who applied for a revolver, the gunsmith who had to convert it asked the police if they wanted to be responsible for when the cylinder exploads in the guys face, as they asked him to block up all the chambers but 1. this would put alot of stress on just 1 chamber and is obvousley not good for the gun. the police ended up letting him haveing a full snub nosed 38 special. he had to promise not to put more than 1 cartridge in :yes: and he could take it to the range too for target pratice.

i wouldent want one myself i think its probably not good for target shooting. but just alot of fun for plinking.