Yesterday was a complete waste of a day

Ozzy Fudd

had one of those days yesterday that could have been spent doing something much more interesting (like shooting). had to go to work in the morning, then katya dragged me to see harry potter in the cinema. if anyones tempted to go see it, dont, its a pile of ****; on top of that if youve read the book youll be very disappointed, they cut so much out (yes, i read them all...) :yes:

when i finally got home (after the obligatory "oh i just want to get a pair of shoes when were here") i decided it was time to give both mossbergs a full strip down and clean; the 500a hadnt been properly stripped since i got it last november, i just cleaned the barrel and inside the receiver, same for the 600ct, tho its only had 300 cartridges through it, in comparison to the approx 2000 through the 500a :D

so i sat down, got all my cleaning kit out, and cursing myself for not having done it long ago and expecting lots of scrubbing being needed. what a waste of time! the benelli used to be far dirtier after 100 cartridges than the 500a was after its 2000, and the 600ct looked like it had hardly been used, only had to wipe the parts down with a cloth and reassemble, they could have kept going til xmas at least! :yes:

so there you go, morale of the story is if you dont want to waste a day, avoid the new harry potter like the plague, and clean your mossberg once every 10,000 cartridges... :o :lol:

Edited by babbyc1000

I went stalking last night, was sat in high seat at 8 left it at 10 - didn't see so much as a rabbit. Then got up at 3am, went stalking in a different place - walked 6-7miles by 9am to then see a Roe buck 20 yards off the landy looking at me smiling.

Morale of that story - dont know right now as l'm too knackered - but next time l see that deer it'll be hanging with its **** in the air!.

T