armed tresspass!

enemyofthecrow

.. if he is from a disadvantaged background and lives on a council estate he has probably done more shooting that most of us!

nope hes from norfolk and when he was growing up you could wack your cammo gear on grab your gun walk in the country and go starling slaying all day long without being bothered...how times have changed

• 2 months later...
whats the sort of trouble my mate can expect to get into if he gets caught by the plod creeping about with his airgun on farmland and woodland whos ownership is unknown??? i can see why he would want to go out poaching/tresspassing whatever you will call it as shooting is quite hard to come by depending on your circle of friends/where you live.

Not being funny mate but are you sure it is a friend and not you? If it is a genuine question then you, as a "shooter" should know the laws only too well, and have been able to explain them (And the possible penalties) to him.

Whatever the situation I hope the person responsible does get caught very soon. Anyone who wants to get any sort of a gun should first of all make sure that they know all the laws that might effect them about shooting. It's people like this that get us law abiding shooters a bad name!!!!!!!

only just read this post dont know whether its a **** take or not but this happens alot on 1 of our shoots with teenagers and kids with air rifles we now ring the police but it has spoilt our shoot with ppl plinking at anything that moves and some things that dont even signs but the police know the area that well it now takes well over an hour to get them out but they do catch the odd1 and take them upto the farmer (dont try going up to a trespasser lol they are that daft you would probably be shot at) the thing that pee's me off with all this is most of us as said above have worked hard just to get the permission it took us a while to get the 1 im on about here but its also gutting when you have it ruined for you by idiots

• 2 weeks later...
whats the sort of trouble my mate can expect to get into if he gets caught by the plod creeping about with his airgun on farmland and woodland whos ownership is unknown??? i can see why he would want to go out poaching/tresspassing whatever you will call it as shooting is quite hard to come by depending on your circle of friends/where you live.

I suspect "my mate", is actually you, being the cynic I am. None the less, heed the replies you have read on this post and pass them on to "my mate".

To find out who the land actually belongs to, go to your local council office, Land Registry Department and make your inquiries there. Then ask if it is currently under tenancy, as, should this be the case, the tenant is the guy you want to be talking to, as he probably has the shooting rights.

If that is too hard, type Land Registry into Google and go from there. Long and laborious, but you will get there in the end.

All land belongs to some one and your circle of friends or where you live rarely has anything to do with you showing yourself to be responsible and courteous and gaining permission.

Good luck!

when he was growing up you could wack your cammo gear on grab your gun walk in the country and go starling slaying all day long without being bothered

And while you are telling him about the trespass, don't forget to mention to him the trouble he could be in for shooting birds on the IUCN Red List for species of highest conservation concern ???

Linky

its a lot easier to spend a bit of time trying to find out who owns the land than sitting on your *** in a cell its not rocket science and im sure some old boy in the local could tell him who owns it.

its idiots like this that get the rest of us a bad name id take him off your christmas card list mate

toby

i've not got any permission at the minute but i can't ever remember thinking risking my licence, guns and a stint inside was an option tell your mate he's a fool and steer clear of him,im too pretty for prison but i guess your mate likes the idea of been big black tyrones new plaything, people like him are the reason people like me are struggling to get land :good:

Edited by bicykillgaz