Re: A days' tuition with Carl Bloxham

Nicky T

Thanks for the link - it has just turned into a birthday pressie for the missus.

She's good - but since her regular instructor has been taken poorly she blames all her misses on me giving her duff advice - a good session with a guy of this quality should put her right - and of course I shall have to go along, only for support of course........

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link - it has just turned into a birthday pressie for the missus.

She's good - but since her regular instructor has been taken poorly she blames all her misses on me giving her duff advice - a good session with a guy of this quality should put her right - and of course I shall have to go along, only for support of course........

You'll both enjoy the day i'm sure :good: Like Pete said, let us know how you get on!

That make 3 of us then ???:crazy::hmm:

IanE and YellowB ar day will come I'm sure ???

I shall be there for the worsley maddogs midday meet up

And hopefully for shugborough on sunday ???

I have secretly been watching the lads shoot and have stolen all there best points ???

I have been holding my gun like beretta

Copying Nickys meticulous attention to detail

And chards lightning quick reactions

So next time I put in a **** score its all your fault ???

I have been holding my gun like beretta

Copying Nickys meticulous attention to detail

And chards lightning quick reactions

Go grease lightning you're burning up the quarter mile

(Grease lightning go grease lightning)

Go grease lightning you're coasting through the heat lap trial

You are supreme the chicks'll cream for grease lightning

Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go

john_travolta_in_grease_wallpaper_2_800.jpg

:crazy:??????:hmm:

Go grease lightning you're burning up the quarter mile

(Grease lightning go grease lightning)

Go grease lightning you're coasting through the heat lap trial

You are supreme the chicks'll cream for grease lightning

Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go

john_travolta_in_grease_wallpaper_2_800.jpg

:crazy:??????:hmm:

Thats where I know you from ???

And you have copied Travolta's shooting from the hip technique

Edited by Anni

Yep - have regular lessons with Carl at LMSG - one of the best coaches and one hell of a nice guy.

However much he charges you it is money well spent. Yes the ground is a pit but functional.

You should come over on a Saturday (for Sport Trap) or Sunday for Sport Trap and Sporting.

Never more than 8 of us there. If you turn up before 10 you can stick the traps where you want them :P

Perhaps give it a miss for a week or two though as they have just had Global Gathering and Bulldog Bash on watch where you are walking and putting your gun down for the next couple of weeks!!! :/:blush::blush: :blink:

• 2 months later...

A belated update - but it did take some time to get some sessions booked with Carl.

The missus has had two lessons with Carl - and does it show...

Before, she wouldn't even look at the High Birds at Kibworth - now she's pulverising them. I went with her the second time - and really learned a lot.

Only problem I found with Carl was with the never ending stream of words of advice. You need a tape recorder to remember half of it.

As other people have said, the ground is a glorified dump and would benefit from even the smallest amount of cleaning, let alone some new wood or paint, but Carls enthusiasm, helpfullness and excellent teaching skills give him a definate 10 out of 10 rating. Something that will be repeated, just as soon as I can find a gap in his very busy diary that coincides with a day off work for me.

Had a lesson with Carl when I first started shooting. Top bloke. Can spot really minor problems that make big differences. I've been meaning to book another for a while to sort out the problem targets but haven't found the time yet. All I need then is a bit of natural ability if anybody can loan me some. :hmm: