Mastitis

Jonnyni

My dog (2yr old) has had a false pregnancy and developed severe mastitis which I have been to the vet with twice now. She is on her second set of antibiotics as well as injections and a milk producing inhibitor.

The vet said she will need spayed now as it is likely it will reoccur with the same problems. Im not too keen on this due to the possible lack of drive and fitness issues spaying a dog can lead to.

Anyone out there know of this problem and what I should do for the dogs sake.

post-13-1117660267.jpg

My bitch springer has done 10 seasons of beating,rough shooting,fowling and sitting in a hide in all weathers and she is only just starting to slow a tiny bit.She was spayed just before her 2nd birthday due to her going into season then a phantom then straight into another season etc.......she lost a lot of weight at the time and we were advised to get her done,many people with non working dogs have guessed her to be 5-6y.o.If you`ve got a good vet you won`t look back...Don`t use anyone called"Chinnery" :lol: