ZERO'D THE .243

mikee

I zero'd my new .243 tonight, i'd been told that the Ruger M77 mk2 didnt like 100gn ammo so i bought a box of Honady 100gn btsp interlok's to try, see pic below, the circle is 30mm and shots were taken at 100yds, i think they will be ok as most of the spread is due to pilot error rather than the gun not liking the ammo

post-11391-1249022931.jpg

mikee

post-11391-1248990103.jpg

Edited by mikee

no you cant hear the bullet strike, the round is so fast the bang from the gun is still ringing when the bullet hits, well not a target anyway, you would hear it hit a fox or deer, it would make an almighty "whack" sound like someone popping a balloon, i fired Harnsers .308 a month or two back and you can hear the "slap" as the bigger slower round hits the target

mikee

So is it shooting an inch high or an inch left? :lol:

An inch high is a good point to work to at 100 yards. It gives you a little more flat shooting range. That's not a bad group with factory ammo and it's plenty good enough for a Deer or Fox at hunting ranges! Have fun with it :good: