Sign in to follow this  
Sprinter

12 gauge 28g 65mm bismuth

Need to locate a couple of boxes of eley bismuth.

They have to be 28/28.5 gram 2 1/2 inch (65mm) cased they will probably be Impax model.

Local supplier only has HV 32g 67mm cased ones, they would be too long and too heavy for the gun i want to use them in.

If anyone comes across any local to Northamptonshire/ Leicestershire please let me know. Failing that i face a drive to just carts in oxford who tell me they have them in stock.

Need to locate a couple of boxes of eley bismuth.

They have to be 28/28.5 gram 2 1/2 inch (65mm) cased they will probably be Impax model.

Local supplier only has HV 32g 67mm cased ones, they would be too long and too heavy for the gun i want to use them in.

If anyone comes across any local to Northamptonshire/ Leicestershire please let me know. Failing that i face a drive to just carts in oxford who tell me they have them in stock.

Fella,

A 67mm cartridge is perfectly fine for a 2 1/2" chambered gun. A 67mm shell is in fact a 2 1/2" cartridge. You will not find a true 65mm cartridge these days,they are all 67mm and will be marked on the box 'For 2 1/2" guns'. Ring any cartridge manufacturer or gunsmith who is worth his salt and they will tell you the same. However,do-not use 70mm shells-as they are unsuitable.

Edited by starlight32