discos

silpig5

proberbly been asked before

but

its for the mrs

what is better in ride and mpg

td5 or 300 td both high spec auto's

she wants a new motor coz our boil in the bag freelander needs to go (or keep for lamping)

heard mixed things but not from anyone who has ever realy used one .

thoughts and comments please

:yes:

Td5 more electricery so more toys, I think they have air suspension as well - better comfort.

More electricery - possibly more to go wrong.

(search 3 amigos on any land rover forum -Traction control, ABS, hill decent warning lights)

300Tdi simple but effective - watch out for abs fault though, can be expensive.

We have two 300Tdi, mine is manual about 35 mpg, our lass has the auto model about 30mpg, can't really fault either of them.

I have a TD5 and it's fantastic, if you look for the S model you don't have to worry about the airsuspension as it comes with springs on the rear, also you can get the ACE removed and a standard anti-roll bar put in place that also cuts out the chance of a failure, as for the diff-lock, i doubt you will ever notice it and a lot of people argue that traction control can do as good a job

All in a fantastic motor, and one of the few that can pull 3 1/2 ton, travel on a motorway, go offroad and seat 5 or 7 adults in comfort.

Regards,

Gixer.

I have had a td5 on an 03 plate for the last six months and wouldnt change it for anything (well maybe for the tdv6 :good: ) The traction control works fine offroad and its road manners are excellent. Mine is chipped giving good performance for such a heavy waggon and there is tons of room in the rear. I have the 7 seater version (air suspension) but folding the seats is a doddle. The cabin is a bit plasticky but the driving position is excellent. I get around 30mpg mainly country road driving.. get one they are great :oops: