My Son In Afghanistan

andy33

Hi to all,

Some six months ago I posted about "My son in Afghanistan" and frankly was overwhelmed at the response. So I thought I'd post a bit of an update. After a successfull tour he is due back into the UK this evening and will parade with his squadron through Uxbridge town on August the 5th, obviously we'll be there very proud parents cheering on the boys. So to all you fine gents and ladies who posted giving your best regards may my wife and I give a sincere thanks

Best regards Andy & Jules.

th_DSCN0607.jpg

th_DSCN06151.jpg

My god was that six months ago.

Bet that was the longest six months for you and your wife Andy.

Thank you for the update.

So good to hear his on his way home.

Boy i would love see your faces when he gets off the plane.

When you have finished hugging him

please give him the big hug from me.

How long the leave has he got .

And i know am getting on a bit.

But boy he looks so young.

Keep up the good work young man.

xxxSuzy

To Mrs Andy

As one mum to the other .

I am so please that your tears will be joyful ones .

At the safe return of your little boy.

Because in are eyes thats what they will always be. :good:

My god was that six months ago.

Bet that was the longest six months for you and your wife Andy.

Thank you for the update.

So good to hear his on his way home.

Boy i would love see your faces when he gets off the plane.

When you have finished hugging him

please give him the big hug from me.

How long the leave has he got .

And i know am getting on a bit.

But boy he looks so young.

Keep up the good work young man.

xxxSuzy

To Mrs Andy

As one mum to the other .

I am so please that your tears will be joyful ones .

At the safe return of your little boy.

Because in are eyes thats what they will always be. :good:

Many thanks for that suzy,

yeh he will allways be my baby and i'm so glad he's back can't wait to see him, so looking forward to his parade on the 5th.

love Jules.

From an ex soldier,welldone that man :no: and have a bluddy gppd leave mate you deserve it,AND get your dad to buy a pint from me :good: but on a sadder note i last my mate last weekend to IED roadside bomb RIP CRAIG HOPPSON.

So sorry to hear that

The scourge of our tour out there, my saddest condoleces to you and his family.

Best regards Andy & Jules.

It’s good to see that you’re supporting him as it makes a massive difference to troops when they have supporting family and friends whilst on operations. :good:

All who have served will know how good it feels to receive a letter when you’re a long way from home but essential for the moral of our soldiers, sometimes they break your heart but worth every tear.

I salute your son and tell him well done from the members of Pigeon Watch. :no:

The PM

It’s good to see that you’re supporting him as it makes a massive difference to troops when they have supporting family and friends whilst on operations. :lol:

All who have served will know how good it feels to receive a letter when you’re a long way from home but essential for the moral of our soldiers, sometimes they break your heart but worth every tear.

I salute your son and tell him well done from the members of Pigeon Watch. :oops:

The PM

Many Thanks PM, least to say its been a difficult 6 months for all the family so now to have him back is over whelming.

Regards Andy.

Mr. Andy, sir.. As an old Colonial army vet, and a father of two military members i take my hats off to you, your boy and your family. I am so proud of my children as i am of your boy. There is an old saying here:

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country!!

The pride i have for our boys and girls are not divided by this pond that separates us, or that our flags are different, but because they are our Children!! And shall forever remain such. I am so very glad he is safe :lol:

Mr. Andy, sir.. As an old Colonial army vet, and a father of two military members i take my hats off to you, your boy and your family. I am so proud of my children as i am of your boy. There is an old saying here:

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country!!

The pride i have for our boys and girls are not divided by this pond that separates us, or that our flags are different, but because they are our Children!! And shall forever remain such. I am so very glad he is safe :lol:

Cheers Lee,

Our son speaks highly of the yanks out there, he had a particularly good time with them on Black Hawks and also many hours playing poker !!, plenty of good memories for him and firm friends made for ever. Everybody out there wants to achieve the same thing, peace for the Afghan people.

Regards Andy.

Pleased he's safe.

My lads out there AGAIN next month. Talk about playing the odds.

Full support and respect to the guys that are out there but utter contempt for the government that's getting them killed and can't be bothered to see them home.

Or equip them properly for that matter. :lol::oops::hmm:??? ??? :hmm::lol: