Another 'legal?' question...

FarmerB

I have been shooting lots this last couple of days.

I have also got into the lazy habit of leaving my air rifle & pistol, in my van too (in thier respective gun bags).

Now - is it illegal to have the guns in the car/van when I'm not actually on the way to or from a shoot or gunshop?

Afterall, my van is not a public place - but its in a public place when on a highway etc.

But, my house isnt a public place either, but its on a public street too.

Confused dot com

Not sure about legal limit airguns but I know an FEO would have something to say if it were an FAC airgun or rifle. I think it is a bad habbit that you would do well to get out of before you get to used to it. Leaving it in a van, no matter how secure you think it is, is not responsible.

you have to ask yourself this. If you are all questioning what you are doing, then there is a chance that it might be wrong. Even if the law says its fine, you obviously are worried about it. Why not stop being lazy, and take the time (every time) to take them indoors, clean them and put them in their proper place.

Legal? Id say bone idle. :good:

• 2 weeks later...