Cartridge belts.

I take one with me in my kit but it is used for holding those unusual cartridges such as a few heavy loads and a few steel shot.

This is purely so that the unusual cartridge is ready at hand rather than having to fish about in my bag for it by which time the need for that special cartridge will probably have long gone.

******* awful :*) , much prefered the physics,

hopefully i can make up for my doddgy chem and bio today on the other moduals which ive got a better grasp on :lol:

had geog as well.....that was fine

cheers for asking

how about yourself?

Edited by dunganick

Tend to use my cartridge belt a lot as my pockets tend to have bits of grass ,**** in them (from work) which gets into the barrels/action from shells in my pockets . I also use one if I am having a round of pro sport at the club as it is 25 rounds and I dont have to keep bending down to pick the shells from a box .

Only downside with the belt is that it is easy to put small scratches/dents from the metal rim of the cases onto the stock of the o/u which I have done if I am sitting in the hide using the belt although it has'nt seen the light of day since getting the synthetic semi .

I use a Flambeau Belt made from Neoprene in Advanatge MAX-4 Wetlands camo and i put about 6-8 loose in my pocket then when they are gone in my pocket refill from the belt :lol: cosrt was £20 if i remember correctly

613.jpg

Edited by Wigeon

Pockets every time. I have seen some nasty scratches on stocks caused by cartridges in belts.

Not with the Flambeau if using 2-1/2 or 2-3/4 shells as it can take upto 3-1/2 shells so they can be pushed right down and the shell isnt visible just squeeze the base of the belt and the shell pops back out when needed :lol::D

I only ever used one for about six months, about the same time I could first afford to buy a complete box of 25 cartridges.

The nicks on the guns woodwork was the first problem and then, as the belt got "worn in", it was cartridges falling out every time I went under a fence, or through a hedge. :D

They aren't the quickest things to get cartridges out of either.

I use my pockets when I don't expect too much action, but a cartridge bag when its likely to get busy.

If you asked most people to name four items of equipment to do with shooting, most would include a cartridge belt, but in reality, most shooters don't use them. :lol:

I bought a cheap canvas one a few weeks back. To be honest, they're not worth the time and effort. They take too long to load up, too long to get the cartridge out. Also, once you're in the field, after your first 25 shots, you'll probably end up shoving cartridges into your pocket because of all the effort required to reload the belt. I've missed a pigeon a few times when in the process of reloading the belt with cartridges.

I do mainly walked up game / ruff shooting and use a belt.

It has 10 Non toxic on the left 12 no 7's for squirells on the right, Knife and game carrier attached.

This goes round me trousers not outside the coat.

Left Pocket has 25+ no5 leads for general use Right pocket collects emptys,

Left hand warmer (Breast) pocket has the large shot for foxes.

This is how I start out for a days ruff shooting. :D

Pigeon shooting just load from pocket or bag.

Wildfowling only carry steels in coat pocket.

Trev. :lol:

Edited by Country_est

I keep my belt under my jacket to save the stock. It has a selection of cartridges in it, 6s to the right and 4s/5s to the left (or whatever), and my solitary tin shell in the season just in case. In my pocket will be 10-15 of whatever I am using the most of. I load from my pocket mainly. The belt is an easy way to carry an extra 30 shells, I find.