Which Wildfowling chest waders to get? Please recommend.

Dodgemball

I'm wildfowling for the first time this season and have been told to invest in some chest waders by the experienced guys I will be shooting with. I like the look of the Lacrosse Brush Tuff chest waders but could do with some advice of which other brands / models to look at.

Many Thanks

Dodgemball

Neoprean causes sweating. I have Muckboots and my feet sweat a lot with these. to the point where I wondered if there was a leak. Have a look at Decathlon if there is one near you, they have all sorts at reasonable prices, but I am not sure how good they are.

Edited by alexr

Neoprean causes sweating. I have Muckboots and my feet sweat a lot with these. to the point where I wondered if there was a leak. Have a look at Decathlon if there is one near you, they have all sorts at reasonable prices, but I am not sure how good they are.

Correct,

although a little sweat in neoprene waders whilst walking to your chosen hide out on the marsh is a small price to pay for the forth cumming hours sat in the freezing cold possibly enduring snow, rain, sleet and very windy conditions that the fore shore will throw at you :hmm:

I do a lot of night fishing for sea trout a summer activity, but boy i been glad to have neoprene waders at 3am in May. Yes you sweat on the way to your shooting point, but when it gets colder....your glad of them.

Also helps to cut into your bodies brown fat during walking whic helps lose weight!

Cheers

Aled

Ok not totally sure about the brown fat bit of a tongue in cheeck comment BUT.....i do seem to lose weight during the sea trout season, is it because i dont drink beer on Friday and or Saturday and go fishing instead? Is it the long walk carrying bags etc to my favourite fishing pool or is it because i wear neoprene waders?:good:

Any medical/science people choose to comment?

Tight Lines

Aled

ps Point still stands neoprene waders keep you warm.

IMO don't buy neoprene, if you should get stuck in any mud it is too stretchy and makes it hard to get out. I have a pair of Ocean PVC coated nylon ones form john norris.

Before that I had a cheaper pair from my local shop, they were great but only lasted a season.

these are the ones i bought

i bought neoprene and aint had a prob .... didnt bother buying camo ones either as couldnt see the point ... top half gets covered and bottom half is usually in mud or water so u cant see it anyway :good:

i just bought the plain green type with the reinforced knees ( as u will spend some time on them )

Edited by jinxy72