the big shooting debate

beretta

Very well shot, Nick :blush:

I thought I'd got you there :lol:

After we'd shot 11 stands. I'd only dropped 5 :lol:

Then I dropped a further 8 on the last 4 stands :)

I just ran out of steam I think. I used to laugh at people who said you had to be fit to shoot clays :P but I was feeling it towards the end.

A good performance from you. Sir, I'd say you deserved that one :blush:

The very best of luck to you in the next round of the knockout.

Great shooting from Anni with the new cowboy gun as well, I can see that that gun is going to improve your shooting a lot. I don't understand why, but there isn't much doubt about it :/

I believe i've got Grant Davidson(?) in the next round whoever he is :lol:

He shot an 88 yesterday according to the scoreboard so it should be another ruddy close one! :P

Anni - top shooting with the new pistola; looked like it fitted like a glove :blink:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

:) Your secret's safe with me Nick (and the 10,000 people who bought the DVD) :blink: :P

Blimey,

People actually bought that DVD?

You told me you got it free in the Daily Mail, Chard :blush:

5,000 of them believe it or not! :/ If only i'd saved that cash, could have bought a nice new shoota now :blush:

I believe i've got Grant Davidson(?) in the next round whoever he is :blush:

He shot an 88 yesterday according to the scoreboard so it should be another ruddy close one! :/

Anni - top shooting with the new pistola; looked like it fitted like a glove :P

We were behind Grant on stand 12, Nick. He shoots with Jim Wagstaff and Mike Sargeson. He's a pretty good shot, but I beat him in my knockout round against Jim. (mind you, that was when I got 92 :blink: ) I think Grant got 89 or something like that. He's a good shot, but you do see him missing some strange ones sometimes. His handicap must be very low too, I would have thought, because he's always in the mid to high 80's or early 90's

If you shoot like you did yesterday Nick, I think you'll do it, but I'd get it shot quick, before they recalculate your handicap again. I think your handicap will drop like a brick soon, the way you're shooting and you don't want to go head-to-head with Grant without a bit of cushion :blush: (and I don't mean that in any kind of bad way)

Edited by Chard

We were behind Grant on stand 12, Nick. He shoots with Jim Wagstaffe and Mike Sargeson. He's a pretty good shot, but I beat him in my knockout round against Jim. (mind you, that was when I got 92 :blush: ) I think Grant got 89 or something like that. He's a good shot, but you do see him missing some strange ones sometimes. His handicap must be very low too, I would have thought, because he's always in the mid to high 80's or early 90's

If you shoot like you did yesterday Nick, I think you'll do it, but I'd get it shot quick, before they recalculate your handicap again. I think your handicap will drop like a brick soon, the way you're shooting and you don't want to go head-to-head with Grant without a bit of cushion :/ (and I don't mean that in any kind of bad way)

I believe he's got a 2 handicap so it's do-able :blush:

Hopefully I'll be able to arrange it for next week as the winner of our quarter final could face Mr. Faux in the semis :P

Edited by Nicky T

I believe he's got a 2 handicap so it's do-able : hmm:

Hopefully I'll be able to arrange it for next week as the winner of our quarter final could face Mr. Faux in the semis : good:

A handicap of 2 doesn't surprise me Nick. I think Mike Faux is a 1 or 2 handicap, so if you get the choice of picking dates, do it sooner rather than later :blush:

All the very best of luck against both of them :P

I think it was you who asked me who the bloke was that I'd spoken to on stand 12, and I told you it was Harry Roberts. Well, Grant was the bloke who was in the stand when you were asking me. Tallish, late 40's, dark glasses. Dark blue Beretta skeet vest with his name and CPSA number embroidered on it. I kept calling him Grant Donaldson :/ :blink: :blush: (senility creeping in)

Edited by Chard

A handicap of 2 doesn't surprise me Nick. I think Mike Faux is a 1 or 2 handicap, so if you get the choice of picking dates, do it sooner rather than later :blink:

All the very best of luck against both of them :P

I think it was you who asked me who the bloke was that I'd spoken to on stand 12, and I told you it was Harry Roberts. Well, Grant was the bloke who was in the stand when you were asking me. Tallish, late 40's, dark glasses. Dark blue Beretta skeet vest with his name and CPSA number embroidered on it. I kept calling him Grant Donaldson :blush::):blush: (senility creeping in)

I know the chap you mean - he shoots well so it'll be fun :/

I know the chap you mean - he shoots well so it'll be fun :P

You may well also find yourself going round with that group. At first you might not like that idea, you might feel that you would rather not be surrounded by his buddies in a knockout round, but I would suggest that you do it. They're all pretty good shots and very professional and serious about shooting. I agreed to go round with Jim and all that lot, and none of my usual shooting crowd and I believe it had a major effect on "raising my game" (hence the score of 92, which I've never done before or since). Jim offered me the choice of him coming round with me, Craig and my lot, or just me and him, or for me to join his mob. I opted for the latter and I enjoyed it, definitely focused the mind :/

You may well also find yourself going round with that group. At first you might not like that idea, you might feel that you would rather not be surrounded by his buddies in a knockout round, but I would suggest that you do it. They're all pretty good shots and very professional and serious about shooting. I agreed to go round with Jim and all that lot, and none of my usual shooting crowd and I believe it had a major effect on "raising my game" (hence the score of 92, which I've never done before or since). Jim offered me the choice of him coming round with me, Craig and my lot, or just me and him, or for me to join his mob. I opted for the latter and I enjoyed it, definitely focused the mind :/

Some sound advice there - cheers :P

Well done Nickyson .

A great battle on saturday, Good to watch :blush:

I had to sit on the fence though, but now I can cheer nicky on to out right victory :blush:

If you need me to come around with you in the next round give us a shout :good:

I'm sure my expert knowledge will come in usefull :good: . Its free for the first half hour then 18pence an hour after that

comiserations chard Its a shame you couldnt have stopped for a half time brew. Im sure you could have got atleast five more clays :good:

Theres allways next time :yes..............When i will be enterd into the comp :good:

Then you are both going DARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN......... :good:

Good to have MC with us as a witness.....we should have a return leg daaaaaan safffffffffffff... :hmm:

nicky is the man on the way up so hoping for great things in this comp. :hmm::good:

ice cool :good: (so im told) and faultless set up, :good: just shoot them instead of following them!! :blush::blush:

oh!!!! ditch the gloves :good: look a right poofter :oops::lol::lol:

At least he had one on each hand, I had been warned about him wearing only one and I had all kinds of Michael Jackson gags lined up. Mind you the gloves and the chav hat go well together

Now you're talking :good: There's already a whisper on the grapevine of a Northern contingent visiting the Essex Masters next year......... :oops:

That will be good, you had better get out of Worsley and start practising on some deceptive birds.

Don't you worry about us; we've already embarked on an intensive training regime :good:

What it entails - not even we know!!!! :blush:

I'm jogging up Mount Snowdon this evening :hmm:

I'm taking a bag of isotonic carrots and a banana for energy :blush:

Edited by Chard

Theres allways next time :good:..............When i will be enterd into the comp :blush:

Did you not enter the comp this time? Thanks for the go on the new shooter - made a very pleasant change and certainly didn't seem to do your shooting any harm :blush:

Edited by Nicky T

I could'nt enter this time because i had'nt built up my average score by handing score cards in. If that makes sence.

Next time I will be giving it a go :blush:

Anytime you want me you to give u a go on my semi Nick just ask :blush::good:

Now there is a statement you aren't brave enough to say in Suffolk