does anyone know any websites for cheap boilies ?

happychappy246

There are some cheap boilie distributors out there, but I'm not going to pass on their details because the baits are rubbish and I know from experience you'll struggle to catch on them.

If you are going to use boilies of that size, you're obviously after decent carp or catfish, so you should really use decent baits.

Hinders, Heathrow Bait Services, Richworth, Nash, Dynamite Baits or Solar are the only ones I'd recommend.

Hinders of Swindon do good deals on baits ordered mail order.

You don't need to really pile in the boilies when you're trying to pre-bait a carp swim mate... just one handful of 20mm boilies in the same spot will do just fine.

The best thing to do really, to keep the cost down, is throw in some CSL pellets or big halibut pellets - say 14mm. They break down slowly, emit a strong scent to pull the fish in, and even after 12 hours there's enough pellet left that's not dissolved to provide some food for the carp.

So long as the carp know that the same food's going in the same spot they will eventually get used to it and take it without batting an eyelid.

One 1kg bag of boilies should last you five or six day's baiting up, easily :good:

The main thing is to put the bait in the right place in the first place. If you've seen the carp following a particular patrol route, make sure your bait lands under it. A little time sitting and waiting, watching the water for signs of fish will help you massively, and also shorten the time it'll take to get the carp's confidence in the bait too, as they won't need to stray into 'unchartered territory' to find your feed.

i bought a cheap boily roller and made my own to what ever size i wanted , ingridients are so cheap and can make them what ever flavour u want ! i have had some cracking bags on stwarberry and crab flavour home made pop ups with a sprinkling of halibut pellet added in think i made 1 kilo of boilies for about 1.20 :good:

Not if you have a sausage gun and a rolling table it doesn't.

The slowest part of it all is rolling the baits out by hand, if you don't have those two things.

Time it takes to do that will depend on how many boilies you are making, obviously.

You could have enough boilies for a week's fishing within a couple of hours, easily.

Yeah - that happens a lot. Spods go through a heck of a lot considering what they do, so they are bound to break eventually.

Been thinking... PM me your home address and postcode, cos if there's any boilies going spare in my office I'll send em to you. :good:

Can't promise anything though as the other lads might have nicked em!

Happychappy, if you're on a budget and I'm guessing you are, you could do a lot worse than simply using the vitalin, hemp, wheat, sweetcorn and maize spod mix advised in another thread. It's cheaper by far and you'll be able to get more in, add some betain pellets if you can afford them :good: . If spodding is a pain get yourself a good heavy duty catty like the atomic and ball it in or use the method (method feeder). Add things to sweeten it like condensed milk, molasses, or visit a healthfood store and look for the much cheaper tiger nut extract.

A lot of folk use boilies, carp are very wise to them. You can often catch them a little off guard by using that lot in a spod mix and then fishing a balanced fake corn over the top. If you want to use boilies chop them up and use pieces on the hair rather than a whole one, they'll go a lot further.

As for recommended baits, well I only use one, Solar. But a few others are nearly as good!

CC Moore...............have a look on their website, choose your own mix ingredients, pay for the mixing, rolling & delivery

Been using them for 2 years, top individual mix that folk can`t copy, boilie rolled into any size from 12 - 28mm, my mix costs me £5.18/kg delivered, caught abroad, at home, fish upto 48.............jobs a winner :yes:

i like these guys www.premierbaits.net not cheap but they are good i use a few other things when prebaiting to bulk it out and then use just a few of the boilies chopped up so they get a bit of a taste for them.Try some of the pulses and particles you can pick them up quite cheaply, just remember to prepare them properly i think if you give hinders a call they will send you a catalogue with preparation instructions in

nick

cheap is not always the best as its bulked out with **** and the bait blows quick. but having said that i have used bait from a few cheap places and very please with 2 companies. so much so that one company i would go to every time when fishing a new water. CBC, i use to get bait very cheap from them as i use to order so much. i was ordering 10 kg of just boilies every month and a few sacks of other bit. Phil Churn use to deliver it to me in person and give other bait for me to try. he then got a little bigger and i stopped fishing. dont know if he is still doing it but Tock specials every time for me. and other good cheap bait was from Quality Baits. Patshull park, squid with orange oil, or frankies. i use to have monster crab instead of the squid as i found it pulled the commons more than squid.

dont forget you need to add postage to your deal.

cheap way to do things. 3KG of boilies pored into 10gk of fermenting maize. leave for 3 days and start to bait up with the mix. 2 kgs a night for 5 nights dont bait the 6th night and then fish the 7th with the left over bait. you will find the whole mix smells of the boilies and the boilies are washed out like thay have been in the water for a while. this can help to give the carp more confidence to feed.

If your baiting for the season then you want to be putting a kg in every 3 days to start then half a kg in every day for a week until you fish then back to every 3rd day. try to use a bait that is winterised so you dont have to change for winter, just put in less on the colder months.

hope that helps a little

regards

Phil.