Choke web site

Wigeon

Axe,

If you have visited the Chuckhawks site as per TLE's recommendations, you will now know all about chokes :lol:

Some people love them, others think that they are "An invention of the Devil" :lol:

The thing is that as soon as you start thinking about what choke you are shooting through, you immediately have both a reason for hitting and an excuse for missing with every shot that you take! The more you worry about choke, the less you will hit.

I beat on a large Norfolk Estate. The Landowner uses a 12g side by side with no choke in either barrel. He kills a lot of birds that other people would not even consider raising a gun to.

If you have a well-fitting gun and practice your technique you don't need to worry much about chokes. :(

Cor blimey gov', and I thought using a shotgun was simply point and squirt!

So in essence, the more choke used means a tighter spread pattern which in turn, requires a more accurate shot.

Am I right in thinking then.....

Pigeon shooters would use medium to no choke in order to acheive a greater impact area and clay shooters would use a medium to heavy choke to be sure of a single hit?

Why is it I feel i've just opened a can of worms....!!!

Thanks for the info guys.

Regards,

Axe.

The big downside is you can't use it any tighter than Modified for steel or HS. Steel especially performs better through tighter restrictions than that.  :(

Mark.

M ROBSON.Those pictures are fantastic lad, well done.

Hesky

Edited by hesky