Engine swap on shogun !!!!

Blackbart

Just got my mitsy back from MOT test and it appears someone has stolen my chassis and swapped it for swiss cheese over night :lol:

So my choices are A)Find a good shogun with a duff engine or box or both,and do a transplant.

or B)Sell it for what it is and get another one.

It would be a pity to scrap it as every single thing works on it and it is very good off road,but the years of mud hitting chassis has taken its toll.

Anyhooo the question for those in the know is...Would a 2.5td swb engine and box fit into a lwb motor without modification or would it fit into a pajero without modification :lol:

cheers

it'll also go in L200's I would guess assuming its a 4d56t or something along those lines. L200's have a head issue much like the shoguns so you may be able to pick up one on your favourite auction site with a dodgy engine and swap them over. Arround 2003 they were worst and you'd get presumably a younger motor with an engine you know. Otherwise break it for spares as they seem to sell pretty well

yea,thats the donkey that is in it..4D56T V24.

I didnt know it fit the L200 :hmm: But i think to be honest i can not be bothered with changing engines etc so i think i will just get what i can for it as is.There is 3 bits of chassis need welding and a few other things.I will stick it on here for a few days and if no one is interested i will stick it on the auction site.

yea,thats the donkey that is in it..4D56T V24.

I didnt know it fit the L200 :hmm: But i think to be honest i can not be bothered with changing engines etc so i think i will just get what i can for it as is.There is 3 bits of chassis need welding and a few other things.I will stick it on here for a few days and if no one is interested i will stick it on the auction site.

funny thing is if you try and buy even a used engine of the 4d56t you're looking close to a grand on the auction site so might be best breaking it as a non runner rusted out shogun won't go for that