Beretta AL391 synthetic

Wigeon

Had mine over 4 years now and it is the most suitable,rugged and reliable gun you could wish for in a pigeon hide.

Not a mark on it after all this time whereas my O/U has had hardly any use but is showing all the usual marks and scratches that come with using a gun in a hide.

Can't praise the AL391 Synthetic enough for pigeon shooting.

post-18-1118592847.jpg

wont run chevrons, but they are a low recoil clay cart, it will cycle XLR's or blue diamonds all day long,

used a 301 before this and it actually said in the manual not to clean the piston type bit in the front, but the talk seems to be that you must clean this modern one, well 6months down the line of not cleaning the piston on the 391, and it cycles fine on every cart you would expect it to. (cant expect a semi to cycle low recoils)

Clear pigeon 30g fibre and at the clay ground Eley first 2 1/2" 28g fibre have had a couple of issues with the eley firsts not cycling properley but that is around 3 carts out of 500 approx although they are very short shells . No problems with the clear pigeon though apart from finding them after they have been ejected . :devil:

Whilst not having the synthetic version I have had a urika 391 30" sporter for a couple of years now? its a bit battered as its my pigeon/ duck gun reckon out of the 1000s of carts its had through its jammed perhaps 3 or 4 times always on the second shot after having missed with the first!!! I would get get another tommorow if I had to, couldnt say that about ANY of my other guns

cheers Keith

If you can't get what you're looking for, have a look at an AL390. I've had one for years and can say that without doubt, that it's the best shotgun that I've ever owned. Shoots anything, never jams, cleaning auto's is a pain but that's auto's for you.

Good for rabbits and clays. Brill on a skeet range. Take it anywhere, shoot anything shotgun.

RTD