Fox

Pigeon_decoyer

Was out last night after rabbits, and as me and my dads friend was walking next to this cliff, we peeped over to see this fox running, Mr foxed stopped for a split second and he was shot, I cant remember what gun it was called but it was a 17 HMR or something(dont really know a lot about firearms) The fox was took at 110 yards through the heart stone dead!

(pics was took my camra phone so not very clear) It was the fox I had ever seen up close and touched.

fox3.jpg

fox2.jpg

fox1.jpg

If shot placement is good, anything from a .22lr to a .308 will take a fox.

Of course, when it comes to calibers like the .243 or .308, it usually cuts them in half and kills them much faster.

I once, a good few years ago, rushed a shot at a fox that was stoping and running constantly, and pulled instead of squeeze the triger, resulting in a belly shot.

But the caliber I was using at the time, a .243, 100 grain bullet, did not seem to make a bit of difference, as the fox had all his insides blown out and droped on the spot stone dead :devil: .

Smaller calibers need carefull shot placement. :devil: