How far!!!!!

sussex lad

Shooting at those long ranges is not that difficult. A centrefire of calibre .270 up to .308 will maintain a quite flat trajectory at 400 yards even if zeroed for just 100 yards.

What I am trying to say is that the bullet drop at 400 yards will still produce a 'killing' shot on an animal from a rifle zeroed at 100 yards.

Anything over 400 yards and then it is time to allow for substantial bullet drop and wind affect on the bullet.

Rob.

Still, don't try that kind of shooting at home Kids! It takes a lot of practice an skill in the field.

:(

it is impressive, they do alot of prairie dog shooting at silly ranges out there, but in that case they walk the shots in, a technique most military experianced members of this site will be familiar with.

but this is with prairie dogs, so if you hit them they are dead, but with an elf or cari you must hit a kill zone, and nothing above or below it.

impressive as it is im not sure i can really agree with it, im not saying its not impressive, but the whole thing about shooting at long ranges is that it is challenging, im not sure the great chance of wind changes downrange etc even for an experianced shooter is worth the risk to an animal.

im sure there are many who are able to do this, but it is in my opinion encouraging the wrong type of shooting from people who arnt sensible enough to accept their own limits.

this is my opinion, and i must say it does impress me alot, but how many shots messed up do we not get shown?

makes you think,

but i take my hat off to the marksman in that video for the marksmanship point of view

Don’t know where you get you information from apbuild but if you were to push a 150grn bullet at 3600 fps which was sighted in a 100 yds, the drop at 400 yds would be in the region of 15 inches.

The same bullet sighted in at 400 yds would drop @12 ft at 1000 yds.

Drop that velocity down to 2900fps and you are talking somewhere @ 2 ft at 400 yds, and if sighted in at 400 yds that the drop at 1000 would be @ 18 ft.

G.M.

That is most impressive and it would be interesting to know what weapons and loads they were using.

Some very large deer dropped stone dead , that in itself is unusual.

dunganick

but with an elf or cari you must hit a kill zone

Makes you wonder what they will shoot next, gnomes ? pixies ? :( :lol::lol:

Looks good edited on video. Wonder how long it take to get to the injured one that fall in behind a boulder hindering a 2nd clean shot?? :<

Is there not a risk that by producing a video like this that you end up with duffers out there thinking they can do the same?? I think if you take shots like this you should be certified to do so, proving you ability.

I wouldn't have the cabability or the stomock for shooting like this. I'll stick to small varmints.

dust dosent mean alot it couldbe from any number of things, he could have hit below the animal and all the ground around it will move, if anyone ever uses a large sand bank which is dry they will know what i mean, a bullet about 6mm in diameter makes a shock of a few feet, it could also be as people have said the shock wave following the bullet

it could be blood mate or fur on the coats of the animals any of those things will make like a fine mist if you hit them hard enough, its like when you really connect with a pigeon they seem to get a cloud of smoke come out the back were you blow the feathers into little peaces

Edited by hill billy

Try out their website. You can find it HERE and they promote the use of a .284 cartridge which is similar to a 7mm. It's a Remington 700 action in a McMillan stock with - I imagine - a trick trigger and a match grade barrel. Leupold optics and I reckon a flash eliminator or something like to reduce the kick.

Don't be misled by the reticule which is superimposed over the film. Most of these shots are going into the engine box and I imagine going straight through the beast.

Well put together kit - I had 22-250 just like it but couldn't use it in 'Artfoooorrrdshruire.

If we had more room then I'd buy my gun back!

RTD