choices help!!!

Sauer

right lads heres,one for you

right ive got an x-trail and its bloody brilliant for what it is ....but

im thinking of giving it to the missus and replacing her 51 plate peugout 307 1.4 HDI with a motor for me.

i used to have a shogun swb but swapped for x-trail coz of baby coming etc etc.....but i miss the ability of the shogun.

rite so what do i go for???....2 trains of thought here to be honest

1) suzuki jimny.....its bloody great offroad ( i love suzuki offroad abilities ) and cheap to run etc as 2nd car.....let downs...small as hell but would probably do for what i need.

2) landrover.....never owned one always wanted to canna seem to get em oot o my head.....

3) a commercial pick up/crew cab of some kind....im thinking of advantage here with commercial tax but i dont know what or how it works?? guidance here?

what defines a "commercial" qualifingy motor? is it worth considering just for difference in road tax?

canna make upmy mind here at all which way to go guys

sauer

pick up landy 90 (canopy on the back) keep all the smells rubbish dogs etc etc seperate from the cab, hard to beat these if kitted for off-road. Easy to work on them MPG around 25 - 28. (not to bad)

I have one and cant fault it, its my first landy and wont be my last.

JDF

the pickups main advantage being commercial wise is road tax on post 2001 vehicles is £185 a year, you also have the bonus a lot are used as cars rather than 4x4's so they are a bargain for what you get at the moment. My L200 on off road tyres never fails to do 30mpg on a mix of on / off road driving plus will cruise at 80 quite happily. Best bit is wet dogs go in the back so don't stink out the cab, same goes for anything dead as its easy to wash out.

Landrovers are fine but you'll struggle with fuel economy and decent ones hold their value pretty well so bargains are fewer and further between. All that said if you can live with the size of the Jimney then that'll be a decent buy but not up to much if you want to go very far