bird puller

as any one used bird puller as it added to wheat to stop the birds wandering

any advice reguards.Dave

No, but there are plently of things you can eaisly do to stop wondering birds, that have worked for centrys and still work today.

Try using straw rides outside of release pens, or give the birds longer within the release pens before letting them out. Keep hoppers both in, and around the pens too - you want to give the birds the ability to wonder slightly (between two hoppers, for instance) but not too far.

Make sure that they have plenty of cover, and enough ground cover to keep the birds warm at night. You want to think what a bird might need, but doesn't have

• 1 month later...

Ive used the Anaseed Oil on just one drive again this year

i mix it with vegetable oil & put it in an old (washed out) anti bacterial spray bottle

I spray it on the inside of the hopper/feeder & on the spring every time we add wheat

Also spray it round the base of the feeder

Does it work ?

Well the drive i use it on is the nearest one to the big commercial shoot next door & theres always decent birds on the drive ! so i'm feared not to use it really

Aniseed and similar spices do work, but be warned.

Birds can get swirched off from the attraction, and then wander for other food. Therefore do not treat all of your feed, hence offering an alternative. Also remember that birds need to drink. Birds will wander for food, water and grit. Establish pheasant service stations, feeder, drinker, grit tub.

webber

• 2 weeks later...