Spanadors?

davhope

A mate of mine has one and she's a good all rounder, like a steady springer really.

I suppose it's down to the individual dog just like any breed, some will make it some won't.

I'd check the parents papers and if you like the dog give it a go.

From my experience cross breeds can work just as well as any pedigree some of them better, if the dog is willing to learn and you are willing to train it properly you should be ok.

Cheers :rolleyes:

Aubs.

A beater on a local shoot was given one which he gave to his daugter

The daughter and her partner are not realy doggy people, however he brings the dog beating and its a cracking little dog

Similar to a short legged labrador, it seems to work in a style half way between a lab and a spanial (as you would expect I supose)

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously though, or maybe not, we have some springadors eher in the West Country.

As said before they just look like short legged labs although some have heads more like a springer. Most seem to work just like a lab.

But why try crossing when you can the best of both worlds a lab and a springer. It is a bit like crossing a 4x4 with a sports car - its always going to be a compromise.....

Edited by potshot

2 questions / observations

1) Always thought they were called springadors, but that means a springer / cross not just any spaniel. :)

2)

Sort of question for Paulos, when mentioning the dogs you said they parents wern't working dogs. Were the parents of the springadors als springadors or springer & a Lab. Just wondering how far down the line you can go before they are just a mut.... (unlike lurchers which are just muts with attitude :thumbs: ) ducks below the line on this one now Just kidding hoestly guy :lol::lol:

I got a Labranial off a game keeper mate and called her 'TAXI' You stick your hand up, whistle and what's the next word you say?

Sodding mental. Always out to please though. I got the guts of a Labrador and the brains of a Springer in this one.

"I'm just off to go and get you something, don't know what, don't know where but I'll be back. Don't know when or where but you wait here" and with that, off she went. 2 Hours later.....

Sold her in a pub to a lad who I now go shooting rabbits with for fifty quid and she's just had a litter of pubs that he has sold for £150 each! ******!

Useless worker, time to go. Down to one Lab now who does the lot. Lies on the sofa, steals your dinner, bites the kids, sleeps on the bed when you're out...

RTD

I got a Labranial off a game keeper mate and called her 'TAXI' You stick your hand up, whistle and what's the next word you say?

Sodding mental. Always out to please though. I got the guts of a Labrador and the brains of a Springer in this one.

"I'm just off to go and get you something, don't know what, don't know where but I'll be back. Don't know when or where but you wait here" and with that, off she went. 2 Hours later.....

Sold her in a pub to a lad who I now go shooting rabbits with for fifty quid and she's just had a litter of pubs that he has sold for £150 each! ******!

Useless worker, time to go. Down to one Lab now who does the lot. Lies on the sofa, steals your dinner, bites the kids, sleeps on the bed when you're out...

RTD

Sounds like a real nutter are you sure there aint some Saluki in the blood :lol:

LB :lol: