semi auto for clays

airgunalex

Years ago when a lot of trap shooters used Remington 1100's they used to have an adjustable tapered screw, which regulated the gas which worked the action and once you found a cartridge that you liked the gun could be regulated so that the empties just ejected gently out of the action.

I rang Gunmark when I had a 303 and asked if they could do the same to my barrel, they said they could not so I did not pursue the matter. Which is rather a pity because the Beretta auto is a superb all round gun and is ideal for trap.

Regarding the plate or wire suggestion for a two shot gun how are you going to fit it so the gun still works?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well done, its a great gun - I wish you many happy hours shooting with it. Which model did you get? I have a Urika 2 Classic Trap along with my AL390 Lioness (stepped rib alrounder, but generally viewed as a sporter with its 28" barrel - brilliant on the DTL range though) and wouldn't swop them or sell them for any other gun - Great Choice!!! :yes::no::lol:

• 1 month later...

:good: Urika 2, it may be the game/field model if it has the narrower rib but is still good for clays and tuition.

Don`t forget the shims for adjustment of the stock if the sight picture is wrong, they`re very handy. :blink:

Will shoot just about anything but frowned on in trap because of shells landing in the next shooters lap and also in sportrap for the same reason and of course game shooting.

I like to shoot sporting/skeet and fitasc my self. Use my auto for pigeon/rough and some coaching.

Edited by COACH

Will shoot just about anything but frowned on in trap because of shells landing in the next shooters lap and also in sportrap for the same reason and of course game shooting.

I shoot a lot of sportrap and compac(t) with my auto and I don't get any hassle from the guys in the next cage.Maybe us sporting types are not so uptight as the trap shooters. :blink:

A couple of us from PW shoot at a local clay ground and there is no problem at all walking around with a semi (for sporting). I asked the ground safety officer about using my flag but he told me not to as it was a rifle thing "Just hold the gun upright with the open chamber facing outwards so all can see it is empty" Or put it in a slip.

Hope you enjoy your new gun. I also hope it is an Auto that isn't always jamming up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from Auntie :blink: :blink: :blink: :lol:

Somebody will be along it a bit to tell you that they've owned an auto for 250 years, put 25,000,000 cartridges through it and it's never jammed once :lol:

Glad your loving your gun mate :lol:

To stop all these trap snobs from moaning I think they should apply to change the rules of their discipline. Perhaps an extra 10 feet between stands so they are not so close to us common folk :blink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: They're a right barrel of laughs, aren't they, the O/U snobby trap shooters, and so welcoming....NOT!!! :blink: :blink:

just noticed this thread up again :blink: The gun is going great hasnt jammed yet touch wood :blink: shot a vareity of cartriges through it as well :)havnt received any bad coments so far lots of people have been interested in it though and asked to have a go. Also my scores have gone up and i shot a 38/50 which is good for me soo all is well so far :blink:

Thanks

Alex

I had the same probs with people mouthing off about autos when i got mine, and found it off putting at 1st but after a while and been with pals that have them years i quite like been a bit anti-social, bit different if you like !

As for trap shooters giving off, as a old boy with a auto told me... "well tell em to fu$k off and step back a yard when your shooting then when its there turn step back forward. Fu$king trap shooters"

Ha ha, i pi$$ed my self laughing, really didnt expect that coming from a 70 odd year old !

Old boys today .... tut .... cant take em any where ! ! <_<

Edited by racingfrank7

I shoot a lot of sportrap and compac(t) with my auto and I don't get any hassle from the guys in the next cage.Maybe us sporting types are not so uptight as the trap shooters. :blink:

That's 'cos trap shooters aren't kept in cages like sporters are. They are allowed to roam free because they can only shoot in one direction and aren't considered to be as much of a risk to the general public :blink: