Problem springer

Sqwelchy

Iv got a 4 yr old springer that has started to become very disobedient (carn't spell that word) ie Growling all the time especially when i tell him off and has now started to pee in the house :look: which he has never done before. Nothing has scarred him to make him become like this. Is there anything i can do?

I dont really want to give him away but i feel i might have to if he continues.

Any help would be great thanks :yes:

Chop his balls off if he hasnt been done already.

:look:

What a stupid reply, get a grip... Sounds like dominance mate, you need to nip this in the bud instantly, you can do excercises to show you are the dominant one and so on... Do not challenge the dog out right this could tur nasty...

Do not give up on him though, you just need to put abit of work in, get out in the field have some fun with him and so on. Is he getting out enough??? A dogs mood will change heavily if there is no xcercise or if there has been a decrease in it.

RS

What a stupid reply, get a grip... Sounds like dominance mate, you need to nip this in the bud instantly, you can do excercises to show you are the dominant one and so on... Do not challenge the dog out right this could tur nasty...

Do not give up on him though, you just need to put abit of work in, get out in the field have some fun with him and so on. Is he getting out enough??? A dogs mood will change heavily if there is no xcercise or if there has been a decrease in it.

RS

Good advice. Try what ricky has said. Let us know how you get on.

Many people are big believers in the "pack mentality" with dogs like this. He's trying to be Alpha male, but that should be you. Without bing too heavy handed, a nip on the ear or grabbing him by the scruff of the neck now and again might help when he misbehaves. Some folk even growl at them. People forget that left to their own devices dogs sort these types of problems out with dominance and pack rules.

As I say, nothing too severe, just put him in order.

Forget the vets, thats just old wives tales....it just makes their bark sound higher :hmm::lol:

Just carryon the training maing sure that he knows he cant do anything unless you tell him todo so.

Start with food time, making him sit etc before sending him for his food and do the same when letting him out into the garden, he sits until you tell him to go outside,

Cheers

Ian

Dont believe you should chop a dogs nuts off just because your not capable of controling them!!

Just show him who's boss, grab him by the scruff and give it a lil shake, make him sit n wait for his dinner, lots of things you can do to show him your the boss.

No need to be a bully, just be the top dog :hmm:

Cheers guys :hmm: gunna try taking him out a few times a week,its hard as i work split shifts. And hes also booked into the vets next month but i can always cancel it if he calms down

the root of your problem is in the reply above ,you have to make time for him.do that and things will improve. :lol:

hi mate, would like to comment o the subject again, cancel the vets save yourself some money, and save the dog some unnescerrary heartbreak..

The key is that you are not getting him out enough, thats a fact... a exercised dog is a happy dog!! very true also.. doesn't matter about changed shifts make time to take him out, the time your on here would be his exercise... work on it and let me know how he goes

Hi

I would first of all make sure that you keep your dog well exercised. this will not be the problem but will be part of the remedy.

Do you have your dog in the house ?

do you let him sit on the sofa ?

Do you feed him or does your wife.

tell us about your daily routine what he and you do, what boundary's have you set for him. what does he do when someone comes to the door. is he kenneled. and so on.

there will be a few things your dog is doing that are signs of dominance that you have not picked up on and when they go unchallenged they lead to the dog challenging you. stuff like your dog jumping up you is a sign of dominance. left unchallenged this will become a problem.

ATB

Colin :good: