• 9/ horse
    • 10/ pig

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

what colour eyes do rocket scientists have?

I only clicked on one, I didnt know you could hedge your bets.

That wasnt very well explained.

I also want to vote for turnip, India, stress ball and Iron Maiden, but not for sedimentary rock please.

ZB

oh my god. :P:/:lol: :lol: :o :P:lol: :lol: i am genuinely crying with laughter... my face hurts. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thats made a **** day great. many thanks :look: :yes::lol:

right, now what are we voting for here. oh my giddy aunt.

I have to say though if i'm out foxing with the lamp the first thing you always see is the eyes, prior to calling it in to identify so it is relevant to use eye colour to identify them, usually i find a fox is an orangey yellow and will stare (which is the same with a cat), a deer is usually greeny and will look away and then back every couple of seconds, a badger is whiteish with yellow and looks away and usually scampers, a sheep has a blue tinge or red depending on the angle and rabbits are usually red.

a ginger cow with it's head on a wall can be confusing if seen side on though!

and to answer a previous post one of the closest to a fox i saw was an own....but it was 30 feet in the air so that ruled out a fox!

Regards,

Gixer,

Edited by gixer1

Not so much eye colour but how bright, fox seems to be much more reflective than rabbit hare and badger, sheep and cattle are almost on a parr with fox, you see a fox 3 fields away to call in because at that range they are distinctively bright, and you know it's a fox, although some times many minutes can be spent calling in a lonesome sheep, 3 fields, through a hedge and across a road away :oops:

:ermm::ermm: You know how it goes Andy, you catch a pair of eyes in the edge of the beam some way away, thinking to yourself this could be that lamp shy bu g ger from that side of the road, best not to give it the full light just edge it in till the eyes show, yep sitting tight for now, time to 'give it ya all call', a quick flick of the lamp and it's still there, oh well some more calling and now almost out of puff and a red face :hmm: still there, ok time to transverse the hill side an d creep up on him, lamp on, wow 7 pairs of eyes, damn sheep :oops:

I lamped up the reflectors on a dumped caravan once.

I don't see caravan (or other types of flatbed trailer) listed.

yeah but you proberly shot at it i could add caravan but then it would give your experiance away .by most of the answer's on here it clearly states that maybe there isnt as much lamping done as people think .it was clearly a straight forward poll.

Most of the eye colours are the same - some bright some dull ( but then again sheep eyes have a blue tinge to them)

The easiest way to identify them is by how far apart they eyes are apart

And i agree with the others the "Poll" makes absolutely no sense what so ever

Not wishing to diss you in anyway MM. but if you can see just how far apart a pair of eyes are at 300yds, your a far better man than the rest of us.

Having foolishly read every contribution to this thread I am still no closer to what the "eck he,s on about.

One thing is certain though, and that is that no one shoots at a pair of eyes .... ever.

DOOOOH :oops: D2D