British Justice????

Frenchieboy

What has happened to British Justice? There was a time when I used to think that we had one of the fairest and best judicial systems in the world, but not any more!!!

Over recent years we have been seeing so many cases on the news where a person (Or persons) has brutally and cold bloodedly killed people (I am especially thinking of child murders but it counts right across the board) in the most horific ways and has gone to court only to receive a sentence of 5 or 6 years, surey taking a life should warrant a life sentence, or as in some states in the USA the death penalty! Take for instance the Jamie Bulger case, the Soham Murders, Baby P, The Fred and Rosemary West Murders - The list is endless. The people that committed these horendous crimes (Which sickened the nation) in the majority of cases only got a relatively short jail sentence and, when arriving at jail were given a "protected status" for the short time they will spend in jail. When you have put some time into thinking about these sick, sad and sadistic cases then think about things like the Great Train Robbery. The Great Train Robbers never went out to kill someone and I for one do not think that there was a link between the guard that died years later was linked to the robbery, but Ronnie Biggs got 30 years for his part in it!

Another case to think about is the Lockerbie Bombing, the maniac that committed this crime was released on "compassionate grounds", WHY? He cold bloodedly killed countles people but was released from prison because he was ill, and then, to make matters even worse, he got a "Heroes Welcome" when he returned to his home country. What bigger insult to the families of his victims could there have been?

Surely where this no doubt whatsoever about the guilt of the people involved in cases of cold blooded murder or child molestation the sentence should be LIFE, and Life should mean LIFE! In the cases where innocent children are turtured or murdered the sick, mindless, sadistic animals who commit these atrocities should be sent to prison "WITHOUT ANY PROTECTIVE STATUS" where they will alomst certainly receive a taste of their own medicine!

If we had an Electric Chiar in this country I for one would be more than happy to "flick the switch" for these animals (I am not sure that animals is the right description for them as not even animals torture and kill their own kind just for the sake of it) and save the tax payers a lot of money and leave them in the knowledge that they would never be free to repeat their sick crimes! OK, so there are no doubt some of you out there that would linch me for making this statement, but I am willing to bet that there are more of you that feel the same!

That's my rant over, now you have yours!

It's a joke...the system is set up to protect the criminals and hammer the people who have a momentary "slip" outside the law, having personally sat in the audience of court and listened to chav after chav being told they are a victim of circumstance i now have very little to no faith in the system.

Edited by gixer1

I'm with you Frenchieboy - the system ******* stinks.

I was thinking about that Iranian who mass-murdered 270 and was let free because he had cancer.

Should have rotted in the cell - and that idiot who decided to let him go free should be strung up for being a soft puff.

Basically, every high-ranking government depart in this country is run by spineless ******* who really have no idea - they have completely lost track of reality.

;)

I'm with you Frenchieboy - the system ******* stinks.

I was thinking about that Iranian who mass-murdered 270 and was let free because he had cancer.

Should have rotted in the cell - and that idiot who decided to let him go free should be strung up for being a soft puff.

Basically, every high-ranking government depart in this country is run by spineless ******* who really have no idea - they have completely lost track of reality.

:hmm:

This will be Megrahi, Libyan not Iranian and whom the official UN observer's of his trial stated had had a "grave miscarriage of justice" done against him?" yeah your right the british justice system is ****, never let the facts get in the way of a good story eh!!

now if you really do want a gripe about "our system" then this is the stuff I hate? over zealous stinking coppers who are nowt but PC correct puppets and mindless morons to boot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/8225778.stm

KW

THIS GOVERMENT STINKS WHEN IT COMES TO JUSTICE,,,THE CRIMINALS GET EASY TERMS,,,,,PERSONALLY THERES TO MANY DO GOODERS ,,,,,ID PULL THE SWITCH ON MURDERERS,RAPISTS,PEADOS,SEX OFFENDERS,,,,WHATEVER THERE AGES ARE,,,I WOULDNT WASTE MONEY OR TIME ON THEM ,,ALL PRISONERS SHOULD LOSE ALL THERE LUXUARYS,,,,,VISITS,,,,MAIL,,,,TVS,,ETC,,,,,6X4 CELL SHOULD BE IT :good: :good:ALCATRAZ

Edited by shotgun666

Okay then - so what exactly would you do to them then :good: Happy enough in your own mind they are guilty are you? What happens after you have "Got rid of them" and there is new evidence that points out how wrong their conviction actually was - you just going to shoulder all the responsibility yourself then?

Don't get me wrong here: I understand your pain and your anguish about the fact it seems these people get off lightly - but until somebody comes up with a more guaranteed form of justice that brings the balance up to something like 98% accuracy then you are on your own as far as I am concerned.

As regards doing hard time for your crimes - don't make me laugh. There is no such thing in the British Isles nowadays. The last physical punishment that took place in these sceptred isles as far as I recall was a young lad who glassed another lad on the ferry from the Isle of Man years ago and the big debate then was about how many of the Birch he would get. I think that was the last time the Birch was used. A merciless and terrifying thing to have done to you. But I do believe when it was used frequently - a great deterrant. Nowadays we have too many people helping to dilute the punishments available to regulators that the whole system is like a big girl's blouse as far as I am concerned. You seem to be more at risk from beatings & both physical and sexual abuse by the very cons that you are bedded in with than from the justice ministers and prison establishments whose punishment is more to do with getting a social worker to talk to you.

Like LB - I think the guy was a pawn: I think McCaskill made the right decision and had the balls to take it - which is more than any of the opposition had prior to the decision. Now though, they all have a big drum to beat and boy oh boy aren't they playing them well! My vote goes with those who at least have the strength and the sense to support the minister for taking what was an extremely difficult decision and regardless of what he decided - would always have been wrong. It would have been an eye opener to have known what the opposition parties had to say if he had went the other way - yes?

Even auld Broon - has still not said if he agreed the decision was right or not. As a son of the manse, I think he would find it hard not to support the compassion route - but dare he say that as the Prime Minister and leader of a party that is on its way out anyway?

Anyway - I wasn't going to get involved in this discussion :yes:

Just found this titbit for you all to read.

"The birch, a bundle of rods lashed together with leather straps, was used on young offenders in the 14 to 21 age group. The punishment for children under that age was caning.

Carried out by sergeants of police, and under the supervision of a doctor, the birch was last used on an unemployed Irishman living in a Douglas squat in 1976. He had been convicted of assault.

An appeal to the European Court of Human Rights in 1979 resulted in the birch being condemned as a 'cruel and unusual punishment'. The island was advised to remove it from the statutes, but failed to do so.

A young Scottish holidaymaker who smashed a pint glass into another teenager's face on a ferry to Douglas in 1981 was sentenced to four strokes. His lawyers had this reduced to a fine on appeal, quoting the European ruling. No such sentence has been handed down since.

George Waft, the MP who will pilot the abolition measure, said a whipping sentence was no longer a deterrent but quite the reverse.

'The individual and families of anyone birched would benefit considerably by selling their stories to the newspapers,' he added."

Continue please :good:

Pushkin

Edited by Pushkin

'The individual and families of anyone birched would benefit considerably by selling their stories to the newspapers,' he added.[/i]"

Yet another very strong argument. How in the hell should people (Or their families) who have been convicted of crimes be allowed to profit from selling their stories? Surely any money made from these "stories" should go directly to the victims of crime! :yes: